I am in a big time quandry right now and I need some advice from fellow cast members regarding my dilema.
I am a former cast member (2000-2001), who is considering coming back to the company that I hold dear to my heart. Currently I work for Statr Farm Insurance in auto claims and have been doing this for the last 7 yrs. I absolutely hate it and the insurance industry is not for me at all. I did the 2 job thing in 2000-2001, which was tough and I had to quit Disneyland becuae of the long hours (almost 80 hours a week), but due to hard work on my part, I was promoted to working lead in just 3 months time. If I had been scheduled 40 hours a week lead shifts, then I could havd afforded to quit the Farm, but that was not so due to the senioirty structure.
Anyway, I know the dire need for cast members, especially in foods and since my job knowledge is there, I would go back to foods. I would also be seeking full time employment, cuz I heard they are hiring people off the streets full time with benefits and since I am a rehire, I do not feel that I would not have a prblem getting back in as a full time cast member.
Now the only negative that has me really scared is that I will take a major cut in pay, at least half a cut of my current salary. I have talke this over with my fiancee and she is 100% supportive of me, but is also scared due to my debt situation and we are getting married next October. I feel, like Walt did, that a person needs to take a risk to be successful and I feel like I want to take the risk, even though I am apprehensive. I want to go to casting tomorrow (11/7/05)amd at least see what they have to offer. Again, I hate where I am at now, and I want to be at a place that I know I will be happy, despite the drama that happenes at the park. I feel, thorugh my hard work, that I can move up the ranks again, because I am there for the long haul, unlike a college student who is just making extra money. Would this be worth the risk, cutting my salary in half, hoping that I can become a lead again, in a short period of time, or is it not worth the risk. I would appreciate any input about my potential decision here.
Thanks to all who reply.