• Jack of All Trades

Red Face K-LOT congestion... ughh

Just gotta vent...

...is it me, but does the extended hours of DCA along with the Toy Story lot busses make for horrendous waits at Harbor Pointe and K-lot?

Every night for the past week or so, there are massive lines at Harbor Pointe to catch the shuttle. On top of that it takes 10-15 min sometimes just to exit the lot, since there is lots of traffic (cars, people who walked from DLR to skip the shuttle wait line, and those huge Toy Story lot busses).

Is this a 'normal' Summer congestion-thing, or is this more extreme than in the past?

Re: K-LOT congestion... ughh

Is it just KCML or are the other ones bad too? Cuz if they are...I'm gonna start parking at like McDonalds or something LOL.

I guess I've been lucky that I've had to be there in the mornings when there's not a lot of traffic and there's a lot of empty spaces...once I start working mid-afternoons, I guess I'll have to start leaving even earlier!

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Guests have been seen walking through K-lot... They might also be parking there.

• Jack of All Trades

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    Is it just KCML or are the other ones bad too? Cuz if they are...I'm gonna start parking at like McDonalds or something LOL.

I guess I've been lucky that I've had to be there in the mornings when there's not a lot of traffic and there's a lot of empty spaces...once I start working mid-afternoons, I guess I'll have to start leaving even earlier!
    I think the other lots might be a little more crazy than normal, but KCML seems outta control. In fact, last night I was on the shuttle talking to a dude from House of Blues who usually parks at Ball lott and he said it was getting super busy, so he tried KCML yesterday. After waiting for 3 rounds of shuttles at Harbor Pointe to get onto the bus, he said KCML is hands down the worse he's seen it. Safe to say he's gonna be back to parking at Ball. hahaha....

Last Friday evening when I came into work and was parking, security was near the gates taking a report for a Toy Story bus that hit a CMs car. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    Guests have been seen walking through K-lot... They might also be parking there.
    Weird... Especially since I've always seen security guards in the booth... I wonder how they get in?! Darn sneaky guests HAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by dude4real View Post
    I think the other lots might be a little more crazy than normal, but KCML seems outta control. In fact, last night I was on the shuttle talking to a dude from House of Blues who usually parks at Ball lott and he said it was getting super busy, so he tried KCML yesterday. After waiting for 3 rounds of shuttles at Harbor Pointe to get onto the bus, he said KCML is hands down the worse he's seen it. Safe to say he's gonna be back to parking at Ball. hahaha....
    Sheesh... I hope I can get out of that lot and into a better one!

• Jack of All Trades

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    Sheesh... I hope I can get out of that lot and into a better one!
    hahaha... good luck to you, compadre.

Being in DL attractions, I'm pretty much stuck with K-lot. haha... the good news is I'm getting great workouts every few nights (by making the long walk from Harbor Point to KCML with about 20 other people...haha)

Ugh I'm in Disneyland ODV and I'm in KCML. I still haven't even gotten a parking pass yet! I'm still on the little temporary one LOL.

• Jack of All Trades

^---- haha.... I totally know what you mean... haha.... they finally made me get a regular parking pass... haha.

I guess the traffic is what it is... for this time of year... it just sucks knowing when you clock out that it's probably gonna be about another hour until I'll even be able to pull out of the parking lot (Harbor Pointe lines... shuttle service...traffic out of lot, etc.) hahaha... oh well... I still LOVE my job. I guess that's good.

A few one way only signs would at least keep people from blocking shuttles, like right before the courtesy stop. Nobody should be turning left to exit and blocking the lane where the shuttles OBVIOUSLY have to make a wide turn.

• You Spin Me Right Round

K Lot is the worst i have seen it in the 3 years I've worked there. I just park in Pongo, there are always spots, and the walk to K3 isn't bad, however Pongo was closed today for whatever reason. I gotta say, i miss parking at Simba.

• Jack of All Trades

Quote Originally Posted by DLDCALVR View Post
    K Lot is the worst i have seen it in the 3 years I've worked there. I just park in Pongo, there are always spots, and the walk to K3 isn't bad, however Pongo was closed today for whatever reason. I gotta say, i miss parking at Simba.
    Definitely... I park in Pongo quite a bit. Or way, way over by K2 (when Haster gate is open) and then exit out that way.

Pongo was closed yesterday for GradNite... they close it off to stage all the busses... and then the busses make their way from from Pongo thru K-LOT (ughh..lol) to the Esplanade. It was the last GN of the season so hopefully Pongo will not be coned off anymore. haha

Wow. Just based off the written description, it sounds worse than it's ever been. I remember when I first started and you could pull into KCML 30-40 minutes before your shift and still make good time. Getting back didn't take that long, either. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Was talking with another CM recently when they mentioned how terrible Cast Parking is here in Florida. I found it hilarious, given that the Cast Parking Lots here are gigantic in comparison (MK's could probably fit Disneyland Park) and all conveniently located to Cast Entry Points. I guess ignorance is really bliss, lol.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    No, they're parking in the adjacent Toy Story lot, and mistakenly walking through KCML on the way to the Parks.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

cant imagine whats gonna happen tues when the shuttle wont run for an hour for the all star parade...
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~