current hiring status

i applied online to work at disneyland as foods (i heard it's the largest department) on june 1, and i still haven't heard anything back. does anyone if they're still hiring and if so, how many? thanks

Re: current hiring status

Unfortunately, you applied at a very bad time... the seasonal positions are pretty much filled. Heck, I barely squeaked by... I put in my application in mid April and didn't hear back from them until June. You can try and wait it out if you want, but most likely they're filled. Sorry!!

Try anything in the DCA side. Especially anything to do with main entrance or guest control. They be hiring like crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by FunkMusicMeister View Post
    Try anything in the DCA side. Especially anything to do with main entrance or guest control. They be hiring like crazy!
    I don't think you have a choice when it comes to location (though you can preference or cross-train). And I think they already hired for the WoC training, there's a lot less trainers going around the parks now that summer is in full swing.

• Nerd

They are always hiring. but it takes time. be patient.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    They are always hiring. but it takes time. be patient.
    Indeed. It took me over 10 years. This past attempt took about 4 months from the time I applied to the time I got an offer. Mine's a professional position, so your mileage may vary.

• Minion

Just curious if all those guest control CMs are part of a separate division. There are so many of them, what with Fantasmic and WOC.
    In my early years as a CM, guest control was usually handled by ROs, pulled from various attractions. There were those who were scheduled GC shifts as well, but most of them were tied into attractions somehow as I recall.

• Disneyland CM

The majority of all guest control CM's are from Attractions. Some are pulled from stores also. I don't know if they ever pull from other departments.
    The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies

Quote Originally Posted by msett1 View Post
    The majority of all guest control CM's are from Attractions. Some are pulled from stores also. I don't know if they ever pull from other departments.
    Fantasmic! also pulls from Riverfront Restaurants Food & Beverage to do GC in front of River Belle Terrace/Stage Door Café/Golden Horseshoe. They have to have their own seperate Leads because it's a different Bargaining Unit, but otherwise they do the same duties as Attraction GC Cast.

Other than that, almost all GC Cast Members throughout WDP&R are pulled from the Attractions LOB, though WDW does allow Cast Members in other LOBs to pick up GC (PAC) shifts through Extra Hours Hotline.

My friend works in the Ticket Booths, but she was scheduled a WOC shift next weekend..this is her first shift outside of the booths since working there (8 mos)

• Minion

Interesting, thanks.

I was just thinking that if all those GC CMs are Attractions Hosts/Hostesses, they must have a lot of Attractions CMs who don't see their area Attractions very often.

Times were different when I worked there, I know, but when I was at the park, we were usually working GC shifts in our Attractions costumes, sent out to work the parade (or whatever the event was) from our Attraction. Then we would take a break, and report back to the rotation on our Attraction.

• Zephyr Pilot

As others have said, most of the CMs at WOC and F! know other attractions. But WOC does have many CT CMs who only work WOC.

• A Weather Eye Open

It was almost 7 months from my application date to when I got the offer, and it's still going to be almost another month from then until when I start working. I think it's just a really big place and a really slow process, no matter how much they like you, unless you happen to apply for a dept they need at that exact time, and there's no box of people they've already approved for those roles.

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    Interesting, thanks.

I was just thinking that if all those GC CMs are Attractions Hosts/Hostesses, they must have a lot of Attractions CMs who don't see their area Attractions very often.

Times were different when I worked there, I know, but when I was at the park, we were usually working GC shifts in our Attractions costumes, sent out to work the parade (or whatever the event was) from our Attraction. Then we would take a break, and report back to the rotation on our Attraction.
    I noticed they have separate GC uniforms now, I think that's because so many GC CMs are needed, they pull from all over, and it looks so much nicer and in theme to have a separate costume. I definitely appreciated the change as a guest. When I applied, my interviewer told me I'd be working some GC shifts, and I guess WoC and F! are long enough each night to constitute scheduling shifts, but I wouldn't be surprised if parade GC was operated like you described, only including a costume change.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)