• Zephyr Pilot

Walt's Apartment Tour 7/15-7/17

Any other CMs sign up for one of the Walt's Apartment tours? I'm excited for it.

Some questions: It says to enter through the gate north of the fire station. Is that between the station and the Emporium? Is the only way to get to it by walking from onstage on Main Street?

• Jack of All Trades

Re: Walt's Apartment Tour 7/15-7/17

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    Any other CMs sign up for one of the Walt's Apartment tours? I'm excited for it.

Some questions: It says to enter through the gate north of the fire station. Is that between the station and the Emporium? Is the only way to get to it by walking from onstage on Main Street?

Yeah, I'm going Saturday! Pretty stoked.

And yes, you're correct... it's the gate (#41, I think) that's to the right of the fire station. There's a very narrow door that will take you backstage behind the fire station/walt's apt./city hall building. I assume we meet back there and take the back staircase up to the apt.

(Not exactly sure about getting there without going from Main Street. I'm from the Eastside, so I'm not super familiar with the backstage roads on that side, but I know it's possible depending on where you're coming from.)

• Zephyr Pilot

Thanks dude.

How does a Cast Member get to take a tour like that?

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymark34 View Post
    How does a Cast Member get to take a tour like that?
    The Cast Member Apartment Tours took place during the week of the 55th Anniversary festivities. Cast members had to sign up on The Hub (DLR's cast member intranet wite). From what I hear, all tour timeslots filled up the first day they were available.

I was fortunate enough to take the tour on the day of the 55th. Being in Walt's Apartment was fantastic, not to mention nostalgic. It was an experience I'll not soon forget. I stood by the window over the firehouse for several minutes, watching guests enter the park, trying to imagine what must have gone through Walt's mind as he, standing in the same spot 55 years earlier, watched as guests came in to enjoy his creation.

Alas, during normal park operation, Walt's Apartment remains securely under lock and key, strictly off limits to the park guests and cast members alike. That made my tour of Walt's Apartment that much more special.

Unfortunately, there was a strict "no photos" policy during the tours, so you are unlikely to come across CM pics on the web.