Cast Food Connection Opens at California-Site Company D

(Just in case you haven't seen the many, many advertisements backstage...heck, there are even some out here in Florida!)

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. and Disneyland Resort recently announced the opening of the Cast Food Connection at the Company D building in Anaheim.

With this new offering, California-Site Cast Members are now able to purchase grocery essentials at deep-discounts over Supermarket prices. It's not meant to be a replacement for a supermarket, but does carry such staples like milk, vegetables, etc.

It's a concept that was ported over from Florida, where it started a few months ago. It's been quite successful here. I save quite a bit by stopping at ours and getting what I can on my Grocery List before heading out to Publix (the Floridian version of VONS) for the rest.

Re: Cast Food Connection Opens at California-Site Company D

I saw pics of the grand opening. I can't wait to go over there and check it out!

• Nerd

Its a fail. Sorry to say, the prices weren't "near wholesale" as promoted and the selection is kind of weak. I really can't figure out why they would bother with this at all. Its not even worth stopping in after work to pick up a few things. Maybe they will improve upon it since it is new, but as it stands its kind of strange.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Its a fail. Sorry to say, the prices weren't "near wholesale" as promoted and the selection is kind of weak. I really can't figure out why they would bother with this at all. Its not even worth stopping in after work to pick up a few things. Maybe they will improve upon it since it is new, but as it stands its kind of strange.
    Why it was introduced is quite simple. It was introduced in Florida as a way of staying competetive with the local market with regards to Employee Benefits/Perks (Universal Orlando Resort has had a similar offering for their Team Members for quite some time). Since WDP&R doesn't do much anything anymore if it can't be replicated on both coasts, it only makes logical sense to introudce it in California as well.

It should get better shortly. The one here was sorta eh at first, but has steadily improved. It's supposed to be in line with the Company's healthy living initatives, so there won't be much in the way of processed or other "non-healthy" foods available ever.
    Last edited by glendalais89; 07-16-2010 at 05:19 AM.

• Hooterville, USA

I thought I was in Target when I entered.

They really need to improve by leaps and bounds.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.