Westside Diner/Train Tracks Question for CMs

Does anyone know when Westside Diner will be opening? It looks almost completed from the outside! Also, does anyone know if we're still allowed to cross the train tracks at the NOS train station? Thanks!
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Banned User

Re: Westside Diner/Train Tracks Question for CMs

You can only cross the tracks when the semaphore signal arm is up. You can't go at all if it's down, even if the train is stopped at the station; you have to wait until the train leaves and signal goes up. Once I went around the back of the train when it was stopped and one of the train CM's yelled at me for doing that.

As for Westside Diner, I don't know, haven't been over there in a while.

• You Spin Me Right Round

As of when I transfered out of ODV (in 09) we were able to cross the tracks. Haha. The reference guide used to have the diner listed.

• DLR Cast Member

I saw a reference to Westside Grill Grand Opening somewhere, I believe it was August 15th - but I can't find it again.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Jim View Post
    I saw a reference to Westside Grill Grand Opening somewhere, I believe it was August 15th - but I can't find it again.
    I think you're right. I vaguely remember seeing that (or thereabouts) on The Hub. I think it's getting a new name, too.

They would prefer you to use the NOMK tunnel to access the Diner and not the train tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    They would prefer you to use the NOMK tunnel to access the Diner and not the train tracks.
    Yeah but that takes so long! And I always end up lost wandering down the halls and stairs.

Of course, it takes just as long to wait for the darn semaphore arms to go up to cross the tracks also
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    Yeah but that takes so long! And I always end up lost wandering down the halls and stairs.

Of course, it takes just as long to wait for the darn semaphore arms to go up to cross the tracks also
    It may become the only option soon. Not sure though.

•   

I stopped by the Westsider Grill today to look at the menus and just see what it was like. I dont know if the food is any good but I sure liked the feel of the place. The inside is nice and the outdoor eating areas feel a lot more welcoming than most parts of backstage, with all the trees and everything. I'll have to eat there sometime.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I worked in NOMK many years ago. Is the new kitchen up and running?

And I had no idea that the Westside (in my day the DEC, nicknamed "the Pit"), directly adjacent to the NOMK, had outside seating. I'm curious how that works.

Bear in mind that I left in 1982, two years before MiceAge columnist Kevin Yee started at the French Market.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Westsider is looking to be alright. The menu is a little bit more pricey than the Inn (or is that just my imagination?), but otherwise it's nice. My only complaint is the operating hours (or lack thereof)--it closes TWO HOURS before the park does, which is usually right around the time I get my lunches at night. Oh well. It's still a nice little addition where I can get my free drink

•   

I dont know if there was any outside seating before, Radiobarry. But there is now, outside the new diner they built near ODV. It looks really nice, kind of an outdoor patio look with new trees to sort of enclose everything. Better than the Inn Between or DCA Cafe, those are the two commissaries I'm familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    It's not that bad!! It's not a long walk, you just have to do it a few times to get used to it. The hallway is basically a straight line, it just zigzags a little bit to go around the elevator. There is something fun about crossing the tracks, though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I worked in NOMK many years ago. Is the new kitchen up and running?

And I had no idea that the Westside (in my day the DEC, nicknamed "the Pit"), directly adjacent to the NOMK, had outside seating. I'm curious how that works.

Bear in mind that I left in 1982, two years before MiceAge columnist Kevin Yee started at the French Market.
    Barry, The Pit is no longer there. They expanded the main kitchen to incorporate the area that the westside diner used to house. They made a whole new Diner outside near the ODV buildings.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!