Disney Employment - WDW

Help! Brand new to this site! I have a question about employment at WDW. I applied almost two months ago, was interviewied, went thru fingerprinting and background check, was approved for work and was told "great news, you're on a waiting list!" Meanwhile, my stepdad who cant stand Disney (Im 43 and a lifelong Disney lover) applied this week and was hired immediately to work security. What's up? Is "you're on the waiting list" Disny's way of saying "no thanks"?

• Golden State of Mind

Re: Disney Employment - WDW

Different positions different demands. What did you specify you want to do for Disney? I heard WDW is only hiring at a few different areas, currently.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Re: Disney Employment - WDW

Quote Originally Posted by peanutandscooby View Post
    Help! Brand new to this site! I have a question about employment at WDW. I applied almost two months ago, was interviewied, went thru fingerprinting and background check, was approved for work and was told "great news, you're on a waiting list!" Meanwhile, my stepdad who cant stand Disney (Im 43 and a lifelong Disney lover) applied this week and was hired immediately to work security. What's up? Is "you're on the waiting list" Disny's way of saying "no thanks"?
    Hello! Well first off, I'm confused about the order this all happened because i was interviewed, then put on the waitinglist, and when I was offered a job, then I did the paperwork and finger printing... sooo yeah.

However, that little confusion aside, no, it's not a way of saying "no thanks." Hah I felt the SAME exact way and I just started college and moved from Jacksonville, Fl. and have been needing a job but Disney is my dream so I ended up waiting 6 weeks on the waitinglist before they offered me a job last week. I actually just did my Traditions class yesterday.

My advice is to keep calling your recruiter for updates. Be nice and very pleasant, of course, but just ask for updates. I honestly don't know if it helps, but I waited for 6 weeks whereas someone else I know waited (without calling) for 2 months before they got the offer.

Bottom line, hang in there and yeah, I would call for updates once every week or every other week.

Good luck!