Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Hey Disney Managment, is this what you don't want to see?

Hey there, my name is not important but my purpose is. I'm one of many to have been terminated from Disneyland, and here to share with you all the insides of management without hesitation, because what will they do? Fire me? I know for one management reads MiceChat and MiceAge because a former Jungle Cruise Skipper by the name of Michael Rosenbaum was walked out of the park by Adventureland management before his Jungle Tradition of "Last Boat" due to evidence on MiceChat (A recording of his spiel) was not OG or rather in their script. That man was the best Skip to ever go into the Jungle and he made thousands if not millions of people laugh so hard they cried. He had a cult following and that worries management. Creativity is looked at with disdain, and any sort of idea of concern or empathy from Disney management and TDA is to be summed up non existant. Now with this strike proposal rising for attractions and things not looking good for DCA either, as well as Presenteeism (Or Dictatorship if you will) causing more and more losses to the CM Ranks, God only knows what that park will turn into if Mickey Mouse is pushing buttons and controlling your safety on Space Mountain or if a Plaid in the control tower of Big Thunder. I am going to tell the world about the disgusting insides that reside in Disney, and I will be heard.

The Phoenix

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Hey Disney Managment, is this what you don't want to see?

random...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• I'm your huckleberry.

What exactly is the problem with Presenteeism? Perhaps I'm not understanding the nuances of the policy, but where I work, if you're late or call off too much, you get fired. As a matter of fact thathappens at EVERY job I've ever worked at. So what's the gripe with Presenteeism?

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Blog Entries

I work, but don't call to get off alot... I take work off when I can't work those days, but thats okay :P

~

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

First of all, I'm disgusted and angry at what happened to Captain Mikey... for all the great PR that he gave the park that is how he was treated?!?? Disgusting. I'm pretty certain that the moments I recall with greatest delight, and that make me want to return again and again, are the wondeful variations that some of the skippers provide.

Shame on you. He deserved FAR better than that.

Second... a strike?? Tell me when and I'll show up that day to make things even more miserable.

I love that place, and would love to work there, but TDA... come on!!!

And the concept of "presenteeism" makes perfect sense, especially in light of the horrendous mess made by previous management. But show a little humanity!

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Uh very random i dont know what to say intresting,,, yet angers me
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    And the concept of "presenteeism" makes perfect sense, especially in light of the horrendous mess made by previous management. But show a little humanity!
    What's inhumane about it? I have a feeling I'm not understanding the policy, because as I understand it "presenteeism" is par for the course in the private sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Since you are an X employee......how dare you put down management for firing you and Mikey.....he slit his own throat, when he let the spiel be for public hearing. Not that I am one to judge, but come on, a business is being run and rules are made and expected to be obeyed. How do you know about a strike being set up? You are no longer employed there, and talk is only heresay now. I am a Business owner and do realize you have to set up policies that are enforced or you might as well just let the employees run the show! Sorry to inform you, but we're all in business to make money!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Hopefully the person who posted that audio clip will read this- did Mikey know he was being taped? I know this isn't the first time a CM has gotten in trouble because an enthusiastic guest publicly praised a cast member's performance. I don't think that anyone meant for him to get fired, nor could anyone realize that being an entertaining skipper might be against the rules. It is unfortunate that this happened- we should make it a point not to note CM's names from now on. However, I know people shared his name so that others might get to experience his "skipping"

This is a good lesson to all of us from now on- no names and no one gets in trouble.

And if a cast member could explain "presenteeism" I think it would help all of us. When I was a CM, you were only allowed a certain number of call ins. If I got a shift I couldn't work, I traded with someone else. What is the policy now and why is it causing so many issues?
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

I'm all for employees being responsible, and prompt, but read this thread carefully, http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13416, to understand some of the unreasonable conditions placed on the CMs. With Disney's and SoCal's unique situations there has to be a little flexibility. I feel for and understand what TDA is trying to accomplish, I really do; but the phrase "Draconian" sure comes to mind at the same time.

I also understand the reasonable concern of Disney management for employees representation of the company. But how they expect Jungle Cruise skippers to be entertaining and present a "fresh" show each time while being restricted to a stifflingly unfunny canned spiel is preposterous. I'd like them to require the skippers to follow, verbatim, the OG for one day and then survey guests fresh off each boat. The next day let the captains do what they do best, and then repeat the survey. Want to guess what the results would be??

The skippers that everyone call the best are the ones who put their own personalities and creativity into their jobs. Every time I've encountered management that was as heavy-handed as this it was because they were compensating for their own lack of creativity and their own insecurities. I hope this isn't the case here.

People LOVED Captain Mikey, and the comments they made and wrote about him were the best public relations the park could possibly hope for. But yet he was canned, and robbed of his "Last Boat" for this very thing.

Shameful. I would love to hear an official and honest TDA explaination. I know his plate is very full with responsibilities that we can't even imagine, but I'd really like to know if CM Matt is aware of these details.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by NewsiePhoenix
    Presenteeism (Or Dictatorship if you will) causing more and more losses to the CM Ranks
    If you've got this inside knowledge and you're willing to spill it, could you tell us exactly what presenteeism is supposed to mean for the current cast? Because I was under the impression that it was the same system they "used to use" at DL and use at WDW?

I hear a lot of complaining about Presenteeism from DLR employees, but no real definition of what it means and what makes it different from the system of the same name that exists elsewhere and previously existed at DLR prior to the 90s.

Yes, Mikey himself did not post his own spiel.

I know that the person who did post it (as a tribute to Mikey) had no idea of the dire consequences, and I know he will be utterly devastated when he finds out what happened to his all-time favorite skipper because of it. I just want him to know that it wasn't his fault. This person also loves Disney passionately, and this will hurt him deeply.

What kind of an impact does this place on wanting to leave compliment cards for outstanding CMs? I'm almost afraid to let management know that a CM went out of their way for me; they might get into trouble, or loose their job, for going too far out of their way! How rediculous to even have to consider such a thing.

Thanks, TDA.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

For for that matter, what makes it different from an attendance policy in any other job one might have? No job in the "real" world will accomodate excessive tardiness or calling in sick too many times.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Blog Entries

Has anyone thought of writing into disney? Maybe we could some how get mikey back!

~

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast