• Cast Member

Will they let you only work 2 days in a week?

I've worked in DCA Attractions since this last October, but some stuff came up with school this last week and as a result I have to move back home which is about 2 1/2 hours away. I already might have a full time job soon back home which pays a lot more and I'd be getting 40 hours a week instead of 12-16 hours. I really don't want to quit my job here since I really love it, I love helping guest and making them smile, and I just started. I'm just wondering if they'd let me only work 2 days a week with my other job if I get it. Because 2 1/2 hours one way is a LONG commute every day. I was reading on some other thread that they do.

• Zephyr Pilot

Re: Will they let you only work 2 days in a week?

If you are a CR, you can for sure keep it down to 3 days. Your only requirement is to be available all day Saturdays and Sundays, plus Friday evenings. The tough thing would be keeping the hours down during peak seasons. You'll have to request evening shifts, possibly working both jobs on the same day. You may want to consider changing to CT status where you'd only have to worry about your Disney job during those peak seasons, and you'll get really late, short shifts.

• Cast Member

Hey thanks! I might look into changing my status to CT. Do CT cast members still get discounts or letting people in the park too? and is Sept to Dec considered a peak season?

Hi Shadow,

CT's still get the discounts, but there is a change to the number of sign-ins to the park you can do. Peak season if I am correct is from May to December. In my department, we have a CT who just works Fri,Sat and Sundays because of Full time employment. Give it a shot if you can.

• Cast Member

I will for sure. I might be able to do that if I get really late shifts that would give me some time to drive down since I would just take Interstate 5 all the way down, because I would get off of my new job at 4 PM everyday, unless I'm able to talk them into letting me have weekends off at my new job for a second job here.

I was just wondering if they hire CT's from like say September to December, because I'm planning on moving back down here again for college in the Fall. I just don't want to have to quit now and then try and get rehired again when I'm back in the area