Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some questions...

So it's been my dream to work at Disneyland for awhile (living in Anaheim and going there so much will do that to you ), and I was just had a few questions for you lovely people. First off, around the end of November I applied for a Food Cart Cashier job and I haven't heard anything back since then. Should I call them regarding the application or should I just continue to wait it out? And my second question is when are the peak hiring periods for the Disneyland Resort and when should I apply again?

Thanks for any replies guys

Re: Some questions...

Hi Hotelstares,

I believe you can go to the DCA building and inquire about the status of your first application. It is peek hiring now and I would go to the DCA building to see if you are in the mix. If not, ask if you can re-apply. Make sure every time you visit in person that you are dressed as if you could walk in right away and be interviewed! You are on "stage" the minute you arrive, so expect the unexpected.

It is pretty much hiring season from now till April so good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by FunkMusicMeister View Post
    I believe you can go to the DCA building and inquire about the status of your first application. It is peek hiring now and I would go to the DCA building to see if you are in the mix.
    So it would be better for me to go over there rather than call?
    And where is the DCA building?

• I came I saw I celebrated

I think what FunkMusicMeister may be referring to the casting center which is in the TDA(Team Disney Anaheim) Building, that is where potential cast members are interviewed and their applications are reviewed.

I'm a former cast member who is attempting to rehire. I actually had my interview today. If it gives you a reference point, I had applied for Attractions, Quick Service Restaurants and Food Cart Cashier on November 30 of last year. Things have changed quite a bit from when I first applied and was employed back in 2007; back when you could apply and get hired on the same day on the day of a job fair.

As far as best times to apply, almost anytime is a good time to. Since the park is open everyday and your application is on file for 6 months, it is always being considered.

If they do invite you to be a part of the interview process(in one of the contact forms you provided on your application), you will be asked to take the infamous web-based interview either online if they email you or if you want to do it "in person", you can take it at TDA in the casting center. The web-based interview contains multiple choice questions about your personality and certain attitudes. Immediately after taking the web-based interview/assessment, you will find out if you can continue with the interview process. If so, you will be given the oppurtunity to schedule an in-person interview that will have you face-to-face with a casting cast member.

That's currently the stage I'm at, and I was told that since I have a history with the company, they're going to have to look into my records. I was told I would be reached within a week.

Ack, double post x.x
    Last edited by hotelstares; 02-09-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Aznjeff11, So they are actively hiring now?
    I just get conflicting vibes because when you call their jobline they say that they aren't currently doing so

• Semi-Lurker

They are ALWAYS hiring, no matter what they say. There are thousands of jobs and people quitting constantly, so there are always openings.

Ooh okay, thanks for the answers.
    Any other advice for me?
    Last edited by hotelstares; 02-09-2011 at 04:15 PM.

• Former Cast Member

I also have a question here. I, too, am a former cast member who last worked in the park in 2004. I have a regular full time job and wanted to make some extra money and at that time, disneyland had a program where you could get hired for weekends only, which was great. Well I got hired back to my old restaurant, The PLaza Inn, right before the Christmas season. I think the mistake I made was reapplying for foods and especially from being place at the Plaza Inn, not that I did not like it. The problem with this restaurant, at that time, was the lack of cast members manning the restaurants (I am talking the bussers). Well it was very busy and I was almost doing the job ot 2-3 people during my shift and it was wiping me out physically. I had also just got married the previous October. Another problem I had to contend with was my other job, which had weekend duty every now and then, so I had to find fellow employees to help me with taking my shifts, so I could work at Disneyland. Due to the lack of cooperation, this was not helping me out, so I had to weigh the decision to continue this way or terminate the Disneyland job (just too much unneeded stress). I finally opted to put my 2 week notice in, which was accepted. this meant I just had to work 2 more weekends and then I would fullfill my committment for the 2 week notice and get a rehire. Well, things worked against me and I was scheduled to work at my regular job on one day of each of the two upcoming weekends. Again, I asked my co workers to help me with no luck at all. So I had to call in and quit over the phone and I let my supervisor know of my decision. She appreciated the call and told me that I would get a no rehire, which I understood, but was bummed to hear. This is life!!! Anyway, I would love to come back and work for the park one day in the near future. What does one have to do to go through the process to get their no rehire lifted?? Is there a special form that needs to be filled out? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

• Semi-Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Aznjeff11 View Post

That's currently the stage I'm at, and I was told that since I have a history with the company, they're going to have to look into my records. I was told I would be reached within a week.
    That's strange because when I rehired last year they knew instantly about my history with the company in three different divisions going back to 1984 and I was hired on the spot, I wonder why it takes so long for them to look up your records?

So I should just go down there and say what?
    Sorry for all my questions guys, but thanks for putting up with them ^.^

• I came I saw I celebrated

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    I also have a question here. I, too, am a former cast member who last worked in the park in 2004. I have a regular full time job and wanted to make some extra money and at that time, disneyland had a program where you could get hired for weekends only, which was great. Well I got hired back to my old restaurant, The PLaza Inn, right before the Christmas season. I think the mistake I made was reapplying for foods and especially from being place at the Plaza Inn, not that I did not like it. The problem with this restaurant, at that time, was the lack of cast members manning the restaurants (I am talking the bussers). Well it was very busy and I was almost doing the job ot 2-3 people during my shift and it was wiping me out physically. I had also just got married the previous October. Another problem I had to contend with was my other job, which had weekend duty every now and then, so I had to find fellow employees to help me with taking my shifts, so I could work at Disneyland. Due to the lack of cooperation, this was not helping me out, so I had to weigh the decision to continue this way or terminate the Disneyland job (just too much unneeded stress). I finally opted to put my 2 week notice in, which was accepted. this meant I just had to work 2 more weekends and then I would fullfill my committment for the 2 week notice and get a rehire. Well, things worked against me and I was scheduled to work at my regular job on one day of each of the two upcoming weekends. Again, I asked my co workers to help me with no luck at all. So I had to call in and quit over the phone and I let my supervisor know of my decision. She appreciated the call and told me that I would get a no rehire, which I understood, but was bummed to hear. This is life!!! Anyway, I would love to come back and work for the park one day in the near future. What does one have to do to go through the process to get their no rehire lifted?? Is there a special form that needs to be filled out? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
    You might have to ask casting directly, they can clear up any questions regarding rehire status.

Quote Originally Posted by ExCandyMaker View Post
    That's strange because when I rehired last year they knew instantly about my history with the company in three different divisions going back to 1984 and I was hired on the spot, I wonder why it takes so long for them to look up your records?
    This has me a little worried, I was told that they'd be looking into it and see if my record lined up with any other roles. But it also could mean that they just dont want to have to tell me "no" in person...the CM asked me about my mailing information, but other than I'm left in the dark. I'm still hopeful because no news seems to be good news right now....they may be checking.

I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread but is the Casting Center the same thing as the Team Disney Anaheim building or are they different things? Which one should I go to and what's the address? (I was planning on going today after class so quick responses would be lovely)

• Semi-Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by hotelstares View Post
    I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread but is the Casting Center the same thing as the Team Disney Anaheim building or are they different things? Which one should I go to and what's the address? (I was planning on going today after class so quick responses would be lovely)
    Same Place, just enter off of Ball Rd and follow the signs.

Oooh okay, thanks so much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast