Would it be diffult to pursue a job at Disneyland?

Disneyland was my second job, as a teenager and I loved it. I lasted over a year working a busboy/dish-washer and quit before my "points" gave reason for my termination. Well, after resigning, I went on to work at a Target store which I hated, so I went ahead and re-applied at Disneyland. I didn't get the job as my interviewer told me I seemed as I had a bad attitude. It's not as if I was rude, but I was desperate as I had been waiting over an hour after my scheduled interview, already being there an hour early, and I had to be interviewed in a group, which I dread. That was a couple of years ago. Since then I haven't re-applied due to the "economic crisis" and the waiting lists I've heard oh so much about. I am now working in fast-food again and one night a cast member stopped in, he let me know Disneyland has been hiring and will take back old cast members as he had seen a guy around who had once been terminated.

My question is: Could anybody tell me of a job they just got at the resort? And if so, where you placed on a waiting list? And if so, for how long?

Thanks.

Re: Would it be diffult to pursue a job at Disneyland?

Talking to many of the people being hired recently, some are hired on the spot for many different positions. I was forwarded in advance to a specific department and had to wait a month or so for it to start hiring. Took about four months from when i sent in my application to being officially hired.

^^ This.

I had my interview last week and I was hired as a CR for Attraction. I sent in my application at the end of March as well. When I went in yesterday to fill out the new hire paper work, I met a lady who used to be a cast member back in 2008 who was rehired into attractions. I also met a guy who had been on a waiting list since December who was hired into Quick Service Restaurants.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mavmaestre View Post
    ^^ This.

I had my interview last week and I was hired as a CR for Attraction. I sent in my application at the end of March as well. When I went in yesterday to fill out the new hire paper work, I met a lady who used to be a cast member back in 2008 who was rehired into attractions. I also met a guy who had been on a waiting list since December who was hired into Quick Service Restaurants.
    Wow. You hired in as a CR? Is that common nowadays?

I'm going to give it a shot Today. I have nothing to lose except hope for another 6 months. Anyways, thank you guys for the info. Wish me luck!

Hope everything went well for you!! =)