• Mouseketeer

Visiting other Resorts

If a WDW CM visits DL with a Blue Main Gate Pass, how does it work to sign people in? Does it count off the 14 yearly sign-ins, officially? So if you visit DL for 4 days, will you have 10 sign ins left at WDW or any other resort? I've heard in practice they come off of 2 different tallys, or just aren't monitored outside your home park.

Does my WDW ID get me into DL? or do I need the Main Gate for even just myself?
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Re: Visiting other Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by Semiquaver View Post
    If a WDW CM visits DL with a Blue Main Gate Pass, how does it work to sign people in? Does it count off the 14 yearly sign-ins, officially? So if you visit DL for 4 days, will you have 10 sign ins left at WDW or any other resort? I've heard in practice they come off of 2 different tallys, or just aren't monitored outside your home park.

Does my WDW ID get me into DL? or do I need the Main Gate for even just myself?
    If you are a WDW CM, before you leave WDW you may wish to ensure how many Blue Main Gate Pass issues you have, that way you know for sure what you can use. More importantly, you can generate at WDW your own CM pass (paper ticket) to use and to bring with you to DL. If you don't do this, yes you will have to use your Blue Main Gate Pass and yes it takes off visits. This is because your WDW CM ID is on a different platform (computer configuration) than the one used at DL. I would suggest you get your pass to get in to DL generated at WDW. This will simplify things.
    Hope this helps!

• Mouseketeer

Quote Originally Posted by FunkMusicMeister View Post
    More importantly, you can generate at WDW your own CM pass (paper ticket) to use and to bring with you to DL. If you don't do this, yes you will have to use your Blue Main Gate Pass and yes it takes off visits. This is because your WDW CM ID is on a different platform (computer configuration) than the one used at DL. I would suggest you get your pass to get in to DL generated at WDW. This will simplify things.
    Hope this helps!
    Thanks. I can not find any information about this anywhere. Are you referring to a Complimentary Ticket? I called ticketing and they didn't know of a CM pass. They said I'd have to use the maingate pass, but honestly had no idea if they sign-ins count from the same tally. They too had heard it both ways. I'll be signing in people and need the main gate pass, but I had hope I could pop in on my own on some days with something like my ID. Oh well.

• DLR Cast Member

I don't know how it is from WDW to DLR, but for DLR CM's who visit WDW, we simply show our blue pass at the CM gate, and are printed passes for that day. It does not count against out 16 signins per year. The procedure for WDW CM's might be completely different here, though.

You might want to call Employee Administrative Services (EAS) at 407-824-5522 to find out for sure how it works.

• Mouseketeer

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    I don't know how it is from WDW to DLR, but for DLR CM's who visit WDW, we simply show our blue pass at the CM gate, and are printed passes for that day. It does not count against out 16 signins per year. The procedure for WDW CM's might be completely different here, though.

You might want to call Employee Administrative Services (EAS) at 407-824-5522 to find out for sure how it works.
    They were the first people I called. They had no clue and redirected me to ticketing. Oh well.

Rivers, you give me hope to just wing it with the maingate pass, thanks!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

As of right now sign-ins at Resorts other then your home location (excluding Tokyo where no Main Gate Passes work) do NOT count towards your allotment. That can and probably will change, but who knows when they'll pull the trigger on that one.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

For information, this has already change here due to the abuses from the Walt Disney Company France. If you use your Main Gate Pass (from WDW, DLR or WDC) in Disneyland Paris (you have to go to The Walt Disney Company Window or Guest Relations Window), the usage will count against your allotment.

Only, the Hong Kong MG does not count, because we use a virtual turnstile from the MKP and it's not the same system in HKDL I guess. I don't know if Disneyland Resort uses the same application as us. Apparently WDW does not count nothing from other resorts and any other resort doesn't count nothing with our En Scène Pass (different system, I guess).

Just remember, just show your Disney ID doesn't work at DLP either.
    Last edited by Loïc Potter; 08-04-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    As of right now sign-ins at Resorts other then your home location (excluding Tokyo where no Main Gate Passes work) do NOT count towards your allotment. That can and probably will change...
    In regards to WDW and DLR, it probably won't change, at least not for a LONG time. Each park uses a completely different ticketing system, designed to manage guests, not CM's. Inter-resort CM sign-ins isn't exactly a money loser for the parks, so it wouldn't make sense to refit the ticketing systems just to get the sign-in count at one resort to communicate with the sign-in counts at other resorts.