Questions about the hiring process.

hi! is this the right place to post this? if not, i'm sorry.

my interview was today, it went well. however, i did not get hired on the spot.

the position i applied for was hotel bell clerk, but the interviewer asked me if i wanted something different and i said i'd like to work in the park at attractions or in a store or food place. she brought out a bunch of papers each describing a different position that was suitable to me and she let me pick a position that i wanted out of like 5 and then wrote down the top 2 that i wanted. she informed me that none of these positions were available right now and will be in a couple of months and that they should call me to come back when that happens. she also made me fill out a thing to do a background check.

my question is, how do i know if i got the job? because i left thinking that i got the job, but im still a little confused because what if they don't call me back...

if you could get back to me , it would be much appreciated. thank you all!

Re: Questions about the hiring process.

I hate to burden you with a question rather than providing an answer but by any chance one those positions you chose was stores? I plan to apply sometime next month or october for stores and i'd rather get hired on the spot rather than be told the same thing as you or be waitlisted :/

Btw sorry to hear you didn't get the position you applied for, you would think they'd hire you since on the job website it says the position is open

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
    I hate to burden you with a question rather than providing an answer but by any chance one those positions you chose was stores? I plan to apply sometime next month or october for stores and i'd rather get hired on the spot rather than be told the same thing as you or be waitlisted :/ Btw sorry to hear you didn't get the position you applied for, you would think they'd hire you since on the job website it says the position is open
    I was no longer applying for that position (Hotel Bell Clerk) once she asked me if I wanted to work somewhere else. I was informed that the original position which I was applying for was the only one they are hiring for right now (it involves going through a second interview) and that the positions I wanted don't need people at the moment, however she was very clear and optimistic about them being available within 3 months. She said that after I chose my desired position, which kind of made me wish I had just stuck with Hotel Bell Clerk. And yes, I chose stores / cashier. Did something similar happen to anybody else and did you guys end up getting hired or not?

For me I can say mine was similar in that I got hired into a different department from what I originally applied for. I applied for ODV back in March, but when I went in for my interview mid-April, I lucked out and got a position in Attractions.

You were most likely put on a waitlist. From other posts that I've seen on this forum, if they said that they'll get back to you when the position opens up they will eventually. You'll probably hear back from them in a couple of months, depending on how many people are before you on the waitlist and how many positions they are opening up. Since Christmas isn't far off, the hiring season will probably be around November. And if they do call you back around that time, there may be a chance that you'll be hired in as seasonal.

If anything, probably give them a call back in a couple of weeks or a month and see what the status is of your hire-in status.

• DLR Cast Member

My advice to anyone who wants to work at the resort is to take whatever position they give you. After 6 months of current service, you'll be to transfer to another position. CM's do it all the time.

They're probably not going to hire many right now and wait for the big haul for the holidays. Being wait listed isn't so bad because they hire A LOT around Oct/Nov.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    My advice to anyone who wants to work at the resort is to take whatever position they give you. After 6 months of current service, you'll be to transfer to another position. CM's do it all the time.
    I agree. This is always the best advice. I hired into the park in '83 and when they asked me what role I saw myself playing in the Disneyland show, I told them I'd work anywhere. I just wanted to work at the park and had wanted to do so since I was a kid. And I truly meant it.
    I happened to get Tomorrowland Attractions, but I would have taken anything to get my foot in the door.

• New monstry

This is awesome! I've been put on the waiting list this last September. I hear many say that Disney hires a lot of people in October and November. SO let's keep our hopes up and wait till our dreams come true hehe

I myself just got hired for the Disney travel company Im excited and will post more about it tomorrow, the day at the park killed me lol.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by zeeb0 View Post
    I was no longer applying for that position (Hotel Bell Clerk) once she asked me if I wanted to work somewhere else. I was informed that the original position which I was applying for was the only one they are hiring for right now (it involves going through a second interview) and that the positions I wanted don't need people at the moment, however she was very clear and optimistic about them being available within 3 months.
    I always encourage potential new hires to, if asked, emphasie that your'e willing to work anywhere the interviewer things might be a good fit, and also to say your'e available all hours. If a candidate gives any indication there there might be a preferential restriction, the chances of getting hired decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    It's actually 4 months.

Global

Bump. Hi guys. Looking at the date of this thread, it's been a long 3 months, but I finally got through! I'm scheduled to come in to the casting center on Tuesday to fill out some paper work and get my picture taken and whatnot. Was told to bring two forms of ID (driver's license and social security). A question: what is the suggested attire? I forgot to ask the recruiter that called me.

Hooray

• Dont make me unfriend you

Congratz! Sorry I can't help with the attire question, but there is another thread that talks about it.

<gandpa voice> In my day, I wore a suit to Traditions</grandpa voice>

Oh yeah... Get off my lawn you punks!

Its mostly a head shot, but i wore a full button down dress shirt, black dress slacks, a tie and dress shoes