Is there a way to report stolen costumes?

Was just browsing eBay for Princess and the Frog collectibles and I came across an actual Tiana Park Tiara

Disney's PRINCESS AND THE FROG Tiana Tiara (Adult) | eBay

This seller has two listed. While I would love to own that, I'm pretty sure that it's stolen?
    Any way to report this? Or do you think Disney will eventually find the listing on their own considering two are now gone?

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Is there a way to report stolen costumes?

Why assume automatically that it's stolen? There are legitimate sources to obtain things like this. Some items are sold through the cast member surplus property sales, and through Company D, and through third-party companies that sell obsolete and damaged costumes and props (Mouse Surplus for example). Disney does police the actions to a certain extent. If the barcode is visible, they can track the last cast member who checked that particular item out from Costuming. Said cast is held responsible for the loss of the piece. They can lose their job or have the cost of the item witheld from their pay.

I assume it's stolen because it is listed as brand new, undamaged.
    This is a current costume piece that is still being used. It's not like there is a new design and these are now being phased out.

There is no barcode, or at least visible. If it was sold legitimately to a third party, is there really much harm asking Disney to double check though? I'd like to buy it, but would feel guilty if it is the former.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by detalexip View Post
    I assume it's stolen because it is listed as brand new, undamaged.
    This is a current costume piece that is still being used. It's not like there is a new design and these are now being phased out.

There is no barcode, or at least visible. If it was sold legitimately to a third party, is there really much harm asking Disney to double check though? I'd like to buy it, but would feel guilty if it is the former.
    There are also people on etsy who make costumes and sell them. They are incredibly talented and often times they look like the real thing and sell for many hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars.

It may be legitimate, not stolen.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I understand that, I buy and sell on etsy all the time. And I agree, many cosplayers have park accurate Ariel Seashell bras.

This could be the case if the seller had many other custom made cosplay items for sale.
    But from her sales history, there is no relation with her being a custom costume designer.
    She also lists it as a "CASTMEMBER Costume Wear"

Ah well, nevermind this thread then.

• DLR Cast Member

If this is a costume piece made by Disney for its character princesses, then yes, it's a stolen item. DLR actually has staff that looks for stolen items, as well as CM's trying to sell their signins and costume pieces on ebay, craigslist, etc. I know a few CM's who got fired for one of those reasons.

That said, if you take a good look, it's doesn't look like the real deal. If you zoom into the picture, some of the detail looks like it was hand-crafed. Also, having seen the real thing worn by princesses, I can tell you they're usually not separate pieces, but are attachments permanently affixed to a hairpiece worn by the cast member.

Also, look at the verbage in the ad. It's written in rather poor English. Someone who would have access to this would know that the word "Castmember" is actually two words: "Cast Member". Also, it should be " Cast Member Worn", not "Castmember wear". Lastly, it should say "sales are final" not "sale is final". Even though the location says "Orange, CA", I'll bet my bottom dollar this is an out of country sale.

Lastly, look at all the other items this seller has. They're all costume jewelry pieces, many of them quite good. And, behold, this seller as MORE THAN ONE Tiana tiara listed. A sure sign this is bogus.

So it looks like you don't have anything to worry about. This appears to be a copy, which the seller is attempting to pawn off as a legit Disney costume piece, to up the price.