some interview questions

so my over obessed passion for disneyland and finally drove to me to apply for disney. my friend has worked for disney for a couple months and is currently in florida for the college program. he seems always happy so i thought it was time to apply. so i applied in late august and filled out the application and nothing came from it. a couple weeks later i got a email about disney doing a new application process. it said if i still wanted to apply for a job i would have to reapply after sept3. so of course i reapplied on the the 5th. and within about 2 hours i got and email back asking me to do a web based interview. so the next day i did the web interview and right after it asked me to schdule and appointment.i applied for attractions my appointment is next week and i have a couple of questions. 1. has anyone else gone through a similar process where you had to reapply also if you have had you already had your interview? what happened? 2. any advice on the interview? how to stay relaxed? what to say? 3. how good are my chances with halloween and christmas coming up? any help will be much appreciated!!!!!!!!

Re: some interview questions

Hello,

Dress to impress. I don't care what anyone else says on how to dress, Knock em cold with your best foot. Next, be yourself. That way they can place you in a position that suits your personality. And finally, give examples of your best customer service experiences!

Have fun!

• I'm the only one!

Its all about customer service. I just went through the process and It is all fairly simple. Just like FunkMusic said. Dress to impress. Sometimes they'll offer a job on the spot. In my interview I was told I was a "recommended Candidate" and would remain so for 6 months. If they tell you this don't let it discourage you. I got an e-mail a week later asking if I was still interested in the job. I turn in my paperwork next week and then go through traditions a week later. Good luck in you interview. Answer honestly, show them you have some personality and your love for Disney and you'll be fine.
    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

Disney just updated their site and application database, so i guess that means that if you submitted one before September first I think (Don't quote me on the exact date it was around that time.) you have to re-submit. Just went through my interview today, be very friendly, smile, make good friendly eye contact, and don't stress. They want to know if you are a people person and how you do with handling certain guest service situations. I'm totally serious when I say I was nervous as heck and I calmed down by watching the movie they had playing in the casting center. Good luck to you.

question

I was hoping someone could answer a question for me.... I know the dress code only allows one ear piercing for women, so if I have two ear piercings in each ear does that disqualify me, or am I just only allowed to wear the one pair of studs..

• Banned User

If you are a woman you can wear one set of ear rings meaning one in each ear. You can not wear 2 in the same ear. DISNEY is big on appearance even down to hair color. I have seen my A lead who went and had her hair professionally dyed and one of the Managers told her it was not Disney Standard and she had to have it redone.

well im on the waiting list:[ hopefully i get the call soon, thanks to everyone who helped. you guys are the best!!!

• Minion

Good luck, Burke! It's a great gig. I remember that first time I put on my Autopia costume back in '83 as a new hire and pinned the old name tag on. Very neat experience!

Hang in there. It will happen. And you'll love it.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I was placed on the wait list when I applied. I thought is was Disney's nice way of saying "no thanks".. But a week later or so, I received a letter with a job offer. So hang in there!

i hope i get something soon!

• New monstry

Talking Re: some interview questions

Oh, same here! I've applied and got interviewed on Sept. 7 and am put on the waiting list and am currently waiting. I hope we both get something so soon

Burke, I hope you get a call soon. I just got hired (DCA Hollywood Attractions XD) I know a couple of people who interviewed at the same time as me got wait listed, as well as some who were hired so I'm not sure how they do that.....

Good luck to all of you on the wait list. Your time will come eventually. =)

@Chibi: Ohh fun! Welcome to Hollywood! I'll probably be seeing you around then. =D