Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Applying at Disneyland

I am incredibly interested in working as a Cast Member at DLR.

There seems to be multiple Disney-job websites to apply at, but I'm not sure which one is the official job-app site.

I've never liked online applications, as it leaves a faint impression of who I am, so would you guys suggest I go to the park? And if so, where do I go about applying?

I'm sure there's information out there, but I just haven't come across a straight forward "How to apply at Disney" thread.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it!

Re: Applying at Disneyland

Hi, DLRMagic!

I don't think that many people really use this Forum much anymore...not really sure why.

Anyways, starting September 1st, Disneyland created a new program online in which you create an account, select the job you're most interested in, and fill out an application. All applications are done online now. Even if you go down to the casting center at Disneyland, they will sit you down at one of their computers and fill out an online application. So it just makes more sense to do it at home online. I guess Disney is trying to go green?? By the way, the website is www.disneycareers.com go there and sign up

Anyways, here is the address and telephone number of the Casting Center over at Disneyland.

Disneyland Resort Casting Center
    700 W. Ball Road
    Anaheim, CA 92803-3232
    (714) 781-1600

Go into the big yellow building, let them know you are there to apply, and they will help you out. Honestly, they don't really care to get to know you until your first interview. That's why it doesn't make sense to go all the way down there just to fill the application out. So impersonal, isn't it?! Anyways, good luck and let me know if you get hired!

I interviewed about a week ago and still waiting to hear back! Good Luck to both of us!

don't know if you still need it, but heres the url:
    Disneyland Resort Home | Jobs and Careers

• Nerd

Not only do you fill out an application online, but if they accept your application (my son just got accepted 3 days ago) your first interview is a timed test that you also take online. If you pass that - (you'll be graded and told immediately) then you schedule your interview online as well.

After that I think your first interview is with C3PO or R2D2 and then after that. you might get to speak with a humanoid.

Good Luck!!!
    Ps. There is only ONE disney website to apply. The one mentioned above.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

I can't believe they don't let you have other 2 options to pick from Application process has definitely changed from a few years ago

• Miss Teen Scene of 2010

I am just curious. I applied to work @ DLR on September 7th. And I'm getting really antsy that they haven't contacted me back yet. How long does it usually take?

@lizzy I had an option to choose what my second and third option are.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by itsxxdomoxxkun View Post
    I am just curious. I applied to work @ DLR on September 7th. And I'm getting really antsy that they haven't contacted me back yet. How long does it usually take?

@lizzy I had an option to choose what my second and third option are.
    You can never tell. I'm not sure how the system works. My son only applied 2 weeks ago and has heard from them already. Strange for sure.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

What position was it? Because maybe it depends on that.

So i'm assuming they changed the application so you can only choose one department to work instead of the top three choices it used to be?

I would suggest calling to see how the status of your application is going but then again it is an online application, so there are probably lots of applications for them to sift through.

I only had to wait 2-3 weeks until I got the email for the online survey, so I can't really feel what you're going though. =( Hopefully you'll hear from them soon though. They're hiring for the winter peak season right now as I saw several new CMs getting trained.

If you don't hear anything from them this year, then the next big hiring time is around January.

Oooh, I applied to work for the Teller position (for the credit union).. So i'm guessing since its not a position at the parks maybe i dont get the second and third option :/

I applied as photopass photographer and my two other choices were Attractions and Innoventions. I'm hanging onto wanting to work there. Or at least the Disney Store. (leaning towards DLR more though)

---------- Post added 09-26-2011 at 09:40 PM ----------

And I'm too scared to call because it'll make me look beyond desperate. And yeah....I don't wanna look crazy.

I guess every situation is different. I filled out my application about 8(9/9) days after the new site went up on 9/1. The position is for Disney Reservation Center Sales Agent. on 9/12 I was able to take the tests and the day after set up an interview date which was yesterday(9/27). Went in watched the little video, spoke to the lady, and in about a total of 30 mins or so(video and all) she asked if I thought the job sounded like something i would be interested in doing and set me up for a group interview(as she called it) on 9/28

So it seems depending on what the job is, I know a CM that applied and was hired the same day and it was only 2 days after he put in his application, it depends on how long it takes. Have you thought about stopping in and asking? Though if your afraid to call it might be a wasted trip to hear" we have you on file for 6 months"

• New monstry

I applied September 1, less than an hour I got an invitation for a web-based interview. I pass the Interview and invited me to schedule an appointment and watch some videos on what you want to work on. Like explore what's behind every job. September 7, I got interviewed for Attractions, went well but my interviewer suggested me for other roles so I took it, and was put on the waiting list. He anticipated on getting the e-mail around October or November. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for an e-mail from them. I really hope we all who applied get something soon, cause I know. I tried getting in since last 2 years ago. This new application seems better then the previous. So let's not lose hope cause we all may get what we want.

I haven't gotten a callback at all. Just the thank you email.

Later on last night I got an email saying that if I meet the criteria that they will call me back. Then they reminded me that I will be in their system for 6 months. rrrrrgh

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast