Thread: How Big?

Red Face How Big?

Hi there! So I just got hired as an Attractions Cast Member at DCA in the Hollywood Backlot area. The thing is, when I went and asked how big the area was from other attractions cast members, I got everything ranging from just the hollywood rides, to it including a bug's land and Soarin. I know because of the construction a lot of things got moved around, but I just want to know because I am ridiculously impatient and can't wait until traditions to find out if I get the one I want (Animation Academy), though now that I think about, just happy to be working for the mouse again.

• New monstry

Re: How Big?

sorry, that I have to ask this question What are Traditions? I'm currently on the waiting list and curious on what Traditions is. By the way, Congratulations ^_^ Your in disney hehe I wish mine comes soon.

Yup. That's pretty much Hollywood. As a hire in you can get trained at either Soarin, Muppets/Bugs, Animation, Fliks Fun Fair, or Monsters. Tower, Hyperion, and Disney Junior are all attractions that you can get crossed trained at as well but, Hyperion and Disney Junior require a bit of seniority to get. Especially with Hyperion.

---------- Post added 10-10-2011 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMonstrito View Post
    sorry, that I have to ask this question What are Traditions? I'm currently on the waiting list and curious on what Traditions is. By the way, Congratulations ^_^ Your in disney hehe I wish mine comes soon.
    Traditions is one of the introduction classes that you take when you first get hired in. It's to help introduce you to a lot of aspects of the Disney company as well as various parts of the park. You'll also receive your name tag and ID card at the end. There's another class that you attend afterwards. I don't know the one for foods, but for everything else (attractions, parking, custodial, guest relations, etc) you attend Welcome to Park Ops. It goes over a couple of things from traditions into a little bit more detail as well as other aspects of the company.

• New monstry

Thank you so much ^_^

Yup. That's pretty much Hollywood. As a hire in you can get trained at either Soarin, Muppets/Bugs, Animation, Fliks Fun Fair, or Monsters. Tower, Hyperion, and Disney Junior are all attractions that you can get crossed trained at as well but, Hyperion and Disney Junior require a bit of seniority to get. Especially with Hyperion.
    Thanks . So I will keep praying to the Disney god's for animation and find out next week.

• DLR Cast Member

Hollywood Attractions is fun. The schedulers are friendly, and the area in general has a nice comeradery amonst its CM's. You'll like it.

Oh, not to nitpick, but it's "the Disney gods", not "the Disney god's". Punctuation and grammar are essential to moving up after getting hired on, and I hope this is the start of a long and fantastic career for you.

---------- Post added 10-15-2011 at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mavmaestre View Post
    There's another class that you attend [after Traditions]...
    It's called "Welcome To" followed by the name of your line of business. IE, Welcome To Operations, Welcome To DIstribution, Welcome To Entertainment. The Welcome To class is a relatively new addition to the new hire process, and it's pretty well received so far.

• Minion

I think it's camaraderie amongst.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    Hollywood Attractions is fun. The schedulers are friendly, and the area in general has a nice comeradery amonst its CM's. You'll like it.

Oh, not to nitpick, but it's "the Disney gods", not "the Disney god's". Punctuation and grammar are essential to moving up after getting hired on, and I hope this is the start of a long and fantastic career for you.

It's called "Welcome To" followed by the name of your line of business. IE, Welcome To Operations, Welcome To DIstribution, Welcome To Entertainment. The Welcome To class is a relatively new addition to the new hire process, and it's pretty well received so far.
    Last edited by CASurfer65; 10-21-2011 at 10:22 PM.

---------- Post added 10-15-2011 at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    I think it's camaraderie amongst.
    I like this forum. I receive more grammar help here then I ever have at school.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post

That's good to know. I would pick up shifts in other areas of merchandise during my college program and saw both good managers and bad. As for the Welcome To class, I think I had a class like that, except that it was called Our Town (which makes since considering I was placed in Downtown Disney). It was a ton of fun so I hope this is like that.
    Last edited by Chibi; 10-15-2011 at 08:31 PM.

• Minion

Not directed at you, but at the poster who corrected you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi View Post

---------- Post added 10-15-2011 at 09:31 PM ----------

I like this forum. I receive more grammar help here then I ever have at school.

That's good to know. I would pick up shifts in other areas of merchandise during my college program and saw both good managers and bad. As for the Welcome To class, I think I had a class like that, except that it was called Our Town (which makes since considering I was placed in Downtown Disney). It was a ton of fun so I hope this is like that.
    Last edited by CASurfer65; 10-21-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Oh, as an update to this thread: I'm stationed over at Soarin

Well guess I wont be seeing you then LOL. I don't go near Soarin at all, dont like it wont go on it lol

Congrats! When do you start your training?

Today. On my way to the bus right now.