Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Attire suggestions......

So on Thursday I had my On-Boarding class, where they take your picture and give you a bunch of information in a nicely,planned out folder.

My question, when i go to my Traditions, do I need to bring all this with me? I'm assuming as of right now, since the offices are closed, that I do not need to bring this. Also the check list they give you doesn't mention it but I would like to be 100% sure.

My wardrobe is lacking and for this and my time for training I need to wear: 1. Short or long sleeved professional style shirt. Would this be like a regular button down colored/white shirt? 2. Collard shirts(must be tucked in without competing logo) 3. Professional style camp shirt(untucked acceptable) 4. Dress shoes with dress socks.

I would love some examples and any help is appreciated. I will be shopping at Kohls if anyone can or wants to give specifics. I just do not want to show up wearing something that is not in those 3-4 category's.

They also mention dress shoes, what is considered a dress shoe these days. I have a pair but they go with my suits that I own and are comfortable but not sure how long the tour of the park is and after about 8 hours they could possibly be uncomfortable.

(list of unacceptable attire : Shorts,jeans,cargo pants,spandex or casual corduroy pants. T-shirts or other collarless shirts. Logo items. Sneakers,sandals,flip-flops, cowboy boots deck or boat shoes. Garments made of denim fabrics. jean style pants made of denim fabric of any color)

Thanks in advance.

Re: Attire suggestions......

Hi and congratulations! I just had my traditions yesterday, so I'm hoping that what I say will be of help. For Traditions, I saw a couple of polo shirts, but otherwise they were pretty much dress shirts for the guys that were there. I also saw mostly khakis and black for the pants. They said that the polo shirts were fine for Traditions but suggested button downs for anything else that business casual was required for. I can't remember to much about the business dress code (by the end I was so tired I was thanking God I could use the cast shuttles instead of walking all the way back to Harbor Pointe) . The dress shoes should be fine, as most of Traditions was inside the TDA building. The tour we took was of Disneyland and lasted about an hour weaving between the onstage and backstage areas. Overall, I would just say make sure you are comfortable in them. My Traditions was fun (even got to meet some new Imagineers!) So I'm sure your's will be to. Where is your role?

I'm working for the travel company which is located away from DL. I think ill go with a black pant,and a solid colored button down shirt. I better start looking now, being a small guy finding stuff that fits is hard 11/5/11 Cant get here soon enough

• New monstry

I'm heading to the on-boarding class soon.. next week. what did the girls wear there?

Mostly skirts that went below the knee and a nice solid colored blouse. One was wearing jeans I think and a nice shirt but I HIGHLY recommend NOT wearing jeans lol.

You wont be there long, well maybe it depends on when you go for it. i went at 4pm and there was only 4 of us.

You check in, go around the hall the the dbl doors and have a seat. They call everyone in, you sign some electronic form about a background check, and go back out to sit. They call you again to make copy's of your information, IF your like me and you SSI card is laminated, BRING SOMETHING ELSE. They wouldn't take that, but I had my birth certificate on me anyways.. They give you a big blue booklet and ask you to sit down again. Then they call you in for your photo. Sit again and then they come out with your Traditions information and you get to go home.

What position did you get hired for? And congrats btw

• New monstry

I'm going for custodial for now. That's what was open.
    I thought the on-boarding thing was a class or some type of orientation.
    Did you print your own hiring papers or they handed them to you?
    Are they the same?.. I guess they are but I'll take my papers signed just in case, if I don't turn in the ones I have well They'll be a copy for me lol
    Thanks and congrats to you too

Its suggested that you print yours out and have them filled out before you get there. Congrats on getting off the waiting list by the way. The onboarding doesn't take long. I had about 14 people with my group and it only took about an hour. As for clothes, the biggest concern Would be the top that you wear since they take your picture for your ID that day. Also, make sure they spell your name right.

Yeah they ask you when you sign in if you were able to print off your I9 documents etc, I'm assuming not everyone has a printer at home that's why they ask. So bring yours so you don't have to fill them all out again.

No, On Boarding is how I described it lol. Tradions I've only heard about as mine is the 5th of November, and my official day of training starts on November 7th.

• New monstry

ok so the onboarding appointment. I have to go straight to the casting center till they direct me to where I have to go?
    and thanks ^_^

Its actually IN the casting center.

And NP

• Dont make me unfriend you

Congratz you guys!

little Monstrito, are you working day custodial or night? I worked night (3rd shift) long ago.

Your Traditions class is the the full day of classes. They will go over history, traditions ect of Disneyland. People of many different departments will be in your Traditions class.

Have fun!

• New monstry

As I know it's regular custodial which I'm assuming day but if for some reason it's night. That would be super cool.
    Traditions class is it the whole 8 hours or the whole day or some hours?
    And Thank you ^_^

Everyone that I've chatted with about traditions(about 3) have said it's an 8 hour class

When is your traditions class Little?

• New monstry

They will schedule it on Tuesday. Currently, I do not know when. But if you would like I will keep you guys posted on when I will have my Traditions class.
    8 hours? wow, I heard that you get paid that day, that's awesome!
    oh M G, Kevin November 5th is so close and you'll be in Traditions right?
    Hang in there your so close.
    Me, can't wait for Tuesday and wondering when I will be scheduled for Traditions hehe

oh another question. now that you have pass the on-boarding appointment day
    for your name tag do they ask if you want to put a nickname instead of your first name?
    like if someone is called Joe, can his name tag be Joey?
    I don't know, I'm just curious.
    Last edited by LittleMonstrito; 10-30-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Hmmm good question. I know they didnt ask me and there really didnt seem to be anywhere for that. MAYBE and I'm certainly guessing here but maybe they will ask at traditions, but I'm going to go with no they didn't ask.

Because if they did I would have remembered AND I would have asked my Hometown to be where I'm from in CT and not CA since I'm really not from here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast