Have an interview at Disneyland resort tomorrow...

I'm so excited. However; this is my second time applying as the first time I went in and had an interview, I was told by the interviewer I seemed down, and didn't seem happy, and was told to come back in 6 months. Well, I'm going in tomorrow and will be sure to keep a fat smile throughout the entire process. I just had one question. Could you anybody give me some pointers on how to answer that one question, I think it's "Describe a moment in which you gave excellent customer service." I seriously don't know how to answer that as I only have retail experience and can't think of a single time I exceeded customer service expectations.

• Semi-Lurker

Re: Have an interview at Disneyland resort tomorrow...

I'm sure if you worked retail you have some story to tell, whether it's as simple as going in the back to look for something, helping somebody out to their car, calling another store to see if they have an item etc....You should really try and come up with an answer to that question because any job you applly for that has to do with dealing with customers is going to ask that same question. And smile and seem super happy to be there, that's how you'll get your foot in the door at the park

You could make up a story, they are more looking at the thought process you followed to give the customer a good experience as opposed to what actually happened, so think of a really bad situation a customer could have been in at your retail job and then go above and beyond to turn their situation around.

I didn't get the job. I was told I have 5 notices and a bad attendance record. And a strict rehire If I remember correctly. Oh well... I'll try again next year.

• New monstry

omg! 5 notices and attendance from what? school? sorry, to hear that but try .. hopefully next year you'll be there
    lovable & curious monstrito

Yeah id love to no about this Strict rehire and 5 notices and bad attendance also.

Well the attendance... I was late often and did call-in sick often and I have no excuse really. I was lazy and was more interested in hanging out with my girlfriend than I was going to work. I was 17-18 at the time so I guess it took me a while to mature and learn responsibility. I later quit my position to avoid being terminated as I had 20+ points. I guess that's what caused the strict rehire. As for the notices I don't know how that came about. I know I did a great job and was often recognized by my leads and co-workers. There were a couple of leads that gave me a hard time for some reason, but I doubt they're the reason.

WOW no offense and i know some people here might be thinking it and not say it, but i wouldnt rehire you either. I think, if you haven't already, its time to move on

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by ocmdiaz714 View Post
    I didn't get the job. I was told I have 5 notices and a bad attendance record. And a strict rehire If I remember correctly. Oh well... I'll try again next year.
    Okay, look. I'm gonna say it like it is, even though it's not what you wanna hear. You have five notices and a bad attendance record, and on top of that, you work in retail, but can't think if a single time you exceeded customer service expectations?

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't consider you hirable material, whether it's for Disney, or any other service industry.

If you really want to work for Disney someday, make a game plan.
    • Commit to not being late for your shift for 18 months.
    • Go into work every day looking forward to doing your job.
    • LOOK FOR opportinuties to exceed expectations. Don't wait for the to happen on your own.
    • Make a conscious decision to make what you do now your vocation for now.
    • Lastly, try being the kind of worker you would want to hire.

If you can do these things, then in 18 months, I encourage you to reapply. If you don't make it, don't fret. I applied for several DIsney jobs over several Disney years, and I'm about to hit my 2 years anniversary this winter.