Confused by Conflicting information / Not another CP question

I have scoured these boards for as much information as possible about the application / interview process.
    I am not a college program candidate, I am a middle aged woman with prior travel reservation experience But, this was In the days before internet...

I have been out of a job for a while and I recently saw the listing for the Disney Travel Company.
    I applied, and from there, took a behavioral test and at the end of this week , I have an interview.

I have a few questions / concerns I was hoping to get cleared up:

I have seen postings claiming that a telephone interview proceeds the behavior test.
    I was not given the option for a telephone interview.
    Could this be because of my age? I did enter my year of birth at the beginning of the test.

Is age a factor at Disneyland? I know that they don't outright discriminate but, perhaps they prefer a younger cast member for certain roles. I would hate to focus so much energy on this position only to be placed in a lower skilled position.

A lot of the posts about the application process are several years old and I know that the process has changed quite a bit.

From what I understood the process was :
    Application, Behavior test, telephone interview, group interview, single interview(s) , back ground & Credit check, Offer.

Is this accurate?
    I know this board is not that popular any more but I was hoping a new hire could clear this up for me.

Also, Are there any... mature cast members out there?
    How do you like working at the resort?
    Do you feel comfortable working with the younger folks, meaning, .. is there a disconnect that makes working together difficult.

I'm very agreeable, and I have 2 grown sons of my own, teenagers are not a mystery to me ! haha
    but I heard things recently that have made me question if I might fit in.

My son's girlfriend told me she worked at a store in adventureland, and she told me that during her park wide orientation she and her co workers were given a gift card for $10.00 for lunch, then, the new hires proceeded to buy as much food as possible ( as not to waste the value??) and they devoured it in the 30 minutes they had for lunch.
    She told me most new hires did this and each person consumed at least 2 TRAYS!! of food, and they became sick after.

Now, perhaps this peticular group was a little off, but.. The thought of that made me feel a little uneasy.

Any current information would be graciously accepted.

Miram

Re: Confused by Conflicting information / Not another CP question

Quote Originally Posted by Mir View Post
    I have scoured these boards for as much information as possible about the application / interview process.
    I am not a college program candidate, I am a middle aged woman with prior travel reservation experience But, this was In the days before internet...

I have been out of a job for a while and I recently saw the listing for the Disney Travel Company.
    I applied, and from there, took a behavioral test and at the end of this week , I have an interview.

I have a few questions / concerns I was hoping to get cleared up:

I have seen postings claiming that a telephone interview proceeds the behavior test.
    I was not given the option for a telephone interview.
    Could this be because of my age? I did enter my year of birth at the beginning of the test.

Is age a factor at Disneyland? I know that they don't outright discriminate but, perhaps they prefer a younger cast member for certain roles. I would hate to focus so much energy on this position only to be placed in a lower skilled position.

A lot of the posts about the application process are several years old and I know that the process has changed quite a bit.

From what I understood the process was :
    Application, Behavior test, telephone interview, group interview, single interview(s) , back ground & Credit check, Offer.

Is this accurate?
    I know this board is not that popular any more but I was hoping a new hire could clear this up for me.

Also, Are there any... mature cast members out there?
    How do you like working at the resort?
    Do you feel comfortable working with the younger folks, meaning, .. is there a disconnect that makes working together difficult.

I'm very agreeable, and I have 2 grown sons of my own, teenagers are not a mystery to me ! haha
    but I heard things recently that have made me question if I might fit in.

My son's girlfriend told me she worked at a store in adventureland, and she told me that during her park wide orientation she and her co workers were given a gift card for $10.00 for lunch, then, the new hires proceeded to buy as much food as possible ( as not to waste the value??) and they devoured it in the 30 minutes they had for lunch.
    She told me most new hires did this and each person consumed at least 2 TRAYS!! of food, and they became sick after.

Now, perhaps this peticular group was a little off, but.. The thought of that made me feel a little uneasy.

Any current information would be graciously accepted.

Miram
    Well you got my email so let me answer some stuff you DIDNt ask me in there

I never had a phone interview so its not a set in stone type of thing.

Youll fit right in with us "older" people in the travel company lol

This is how the process went for me Application, Behavior test, single interview ,group interview, back ground & Credit check( not sure they ran one as I've still not gotten my letter that i requested to receive when they did the check), Offer.

"My son's girlfriend told me she worked at a store in adventureland, and she told me that during her park wide orientation she and her co workers were given a gift card for $10.00 for lunch, then, the new hires proceeded to buy as much food as possible ( as not to waste the value??) and they devoured it in the 30 minutes they had for lunch.
    She told me most new hires did this and each person consumed at least 2 TRAYS!! of food, and they became sick after."
    My group was HUGE so even if they did offer gift cards , which i doubt, they didnt give them to us. We were given 30mins and TRUST me to down 2 trays would take more then that time to get in line, order the food, sit,eat and all that. Though mine was on a saturday when the Cafe is usually closed.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Do the travel company CM's work "in" the parks or are they in a call center somewhere?

I have no idea really, but I would imagine that the travel company is mostly working by phone. If that is the case, how much do they see in park CM's?

I think, that it is outside the resort, but I was just concerned that would be a lot of teenagers and I wouldn't fit in. Thanks to kevin for putting my mind at ease.