• Former Cast Member

No rehire petition........

Hello all, former cast member here. I was last employed at the Resort, doing the 2 job thing, the Resort being my fun part time job. Make a long story short, things did not work out and I had to put my 2 week notice in. The unfortunate thing is that I was scheduled to work weekend at my "real" job and none of my fellow co workers would help me out and take my shifts. I had to take my regular job precedent over Disney, so I called in and spoke to my manager and told her the circumstances, which she understood, but she had to give me a no rehire, which I understood. I recently spoke to her over the summer and she told me to go through the process of filling out the petition to get my no rehire lifted and ot use her name on the petition as a reference, which is a plus for me. Do I go into Casting to obtain this petition, fill it out there and then submit it. HOw long can this process take in general?? Thanks for any and all replies.

Re: No rehire petition........

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    Hello all, former cast member here. I was last employed at the Resort, doing the 2 job thing, the Resort being my fun part time job. Make a long story short, things did not work out and I had to put my 2 week notice in. The unfortunate thing is that I was scheduled to work weekend at my "real" job and none of my fellow co workers would help me out and take my shifts. I had to take my regular job precedent over Disney, so I called in and spoke to my manager and told her the circumstances, which she understood, but she had to give me a no rehire, which I understood. I recently spoke to her over the summer and she told me to go through the process of filling out the petition to get my no rehire lifted and ot use her name on the petition as a reference, which is a plus for me. Do I go into Casting to obtain this petition, fill it out there and then submit it. HOw long can this process take in general?? Thanks for any and all replies.
    1. The no rehire petition is filled out in Casting.
    2. The process can take 4 to 6 weeks. The no rehire committee meets every month and each petition is reviewed.
    3. Regardless of the decision, a person filling out a no rehire petition gets a letter informing them of the outcome.
    4. You are allowed to petition once a year to have your no rehire status lifted.
    5. Overall, I'd say that if you have a no rehire status, your chances of rehiring are somewhere between slim and none (and Slim is out of town).

Global

• Former Cast Member

Global,

I can understand your last remark about being between slim and none, but it also depends on the circumstances too. If you were a horrible cast member, I can see them keeping the no rehire, but in this case my former manager is going to let me use her as a contact for a positive response, due to my circumstance of terminating from the park.

Plaza1

• DLR Cast Member

It depends on a lot of circumstances, and there's no hard fast rule. You must first and foremost remember that you were flagged "no rehire" for a perfectly valid and legitimate reason.

That said, having yoru petition granted depends on a multitude of things. If you have no or few points on your record, have several commendations, and have gotten any promotional status such as lead, you're likelier to have your no rehire status removed. However, if you've got any discipline at all, or if you were "riding" the point system (accruing points making sure not to reach the point of mandatory discipline), I'd say your changes are slim to nonexistent.

Lastly, as you know, having 'rehire" status doesn't guaratee a rehire. It jsut means you have to apply like everyone else. And right now, there are probably 5 or 10 applicants for every opening.

• Former Cast Member

Thanks for the info Rivers. I never had any points or disciplinary actions taken against me. I was also a working lead, but back in 2000-2001, so I am sure they will look into that. If it happens, I would be ecstatic and if it doesn't, then it was not meant to be. So, when the time comes for me to initiate the process, I will keep you guys informed. Thanks for the input all!!!

Plaza1