Background check.

I'm worried. So there was a bit of an issue with my background check, it gets kind of complicated but I'll do my best to explain it. I was scheduled to go to Traditions this Saturday after I did all my new-hire stuff, but I got a call from Disney today saying my background check hasn't gone through yet. I was under the impression that they had already done the background check, thus I wouldn't have gotten this far. I know that there's another background check they have you do electronically when you go in to do the new-hire paperwork and stuff. This is where it got complicated for me. The name on my social security card unfortunately didn't match my name on my Driver's License. The name on my SS has my middle name and first name mixed up, otherwise it's no big deal. They had no choice but to hire me under the name given in my SSID. So when I was filling out the electronic form, I just filled it out like I normally would, meaning it won't match what's on my SS. I'm guessing this is why it hasn't gone through... but who knows. I'm extremely worried that I've gotten this far to be denied of my position.

The lady that called me said that it's likely the case with my SS that it's taking longer than it should. They said the next Traditions class is next Saturday and that they'll call me when it goes through. I was just really looking forward to starting Traditions this saturday, it was kind of a let down to be in anticipation-mode again.

I've gotten everything straightened out since then and my new Social Security card now matches my real name. It matched before only the names weren't in correct order.

Phew. Hopefully anyone who has any information regarding this irregular issue can PM me or respond with any insight to ease my troubled mind. Thanks so much in advance guys.
    Last edited by zeeb0; 12-02-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Re: Background check.

Bump. Am I just freaking out over this? Nothing worse than waiting. :/

Someone tell me I am just freaking out over this. I haven't heard back yet so I don't know what's taking so long. I understand that this is a pretty technical question/situation so yeah. I called in today and left a message so hopefully I'll get updated on the status.

Hi,

Most of us aren't qualified to respond to this type of message. We really don't know what is holding up your situation and it would be good for us to guess what is going on. Best I can say is just hang in there, and be ready to answer any more questions from the people that call you.

Best of luck to you!

• DLR Cast Member

I think you should call Casting and ask them for the status. The bottom line is, if everything matches correctly, you're fine, but if they can't reconcile the information, they won't be able to hire you.

Be aware that, in the background check, they check your credit history and criminal history. Both need to be cleared successfully before you can start.

Thanks for the replies people. I got in. First day of orientation was today, so all's good in the neighborhood.

I guess you can close this thread now, mods. Thanks again. (or leave it open for anyone seeking information in the future.)

• DLR Cast Member

Welcome to the Company. Always remember to keep the Magic, and that it is YOU who creates happiness.

• New monstry

Welcome ^_^
    lovable & curious monstrito