Red Face Attractions Wait list

Hey everyone,

I applied for Disney mid November and had my actual interview almost 2 weeks ago. My interview went really well but for some reason the job I applied to (bell person) was closed. Which was really weird because I pretty much applied when the job was first posted. Anyway, the lady that interviewed me recommended I go to attractions (only position open was Merchandising and Banquets). She asked me some questions about the job like "Will you be able to swim if someone falls off Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Can you handle the heights if guests are stuck up Tower of Terror and will you be able lead them down the staircase" which I am more than capable to do. I told her I would love to work in and attractions and she seemed very pleased. Though she told me that there is a wait list and also hinted that a lot of positions will open up for Cars Land (which is also where she wanted me to work). Now my question is, when will positions open up? I'm not familiar with Disneyland jobs but I do know that not many people stay long and they need to rehire positions constantly. This question probably gets asked a lot but I would also love to know more about working in attractions as I know people here have the experience (and I need something productive to do when I'm playing the waiting game)

Re: Attractions Wait list

I'm also playing the waiting game ]=. I was wait listed for Merchandise on the 6th. My recruiter told me that Disney was on a hiring freeze and would be looking to hire more people for Spring break and Summer during January and February. I also have a family friend who works in scheduling who told me that if I don't get a call back by February, to call the casting center and inquire about my wait list position.

This waiting game is eating me up lol... but totally worth it in my opinion.
    My boyfriend applied November 7th and got interviewed and hired in 2 days and started traditions the next Saturday. I had to wait a month to get through my finals in college so I couldn't apply when he did... wish I did now lol.

I'm scared to get my hopes up because I know its a up-to 6 months of waiting and its not a guarenteed thing but its better than them saying thanks, apply again in 6 months lol.

Anyway, I wish you luck in getting your call back!

I wish you both all the luck. I guess myself being hired by Disney was pure luck. Being a cook for 21 years and now working for the Travel Company is a total 180, one I welcome every morning i wake up.

Besides the luck I can not help either one of you, but know that when they start hiring for the opening in Cars land it will be a massive hiring, i cant see it happening any other way

For past threads that I manged to find that had similar questions to this one, it seems like they'll most likely start contacting the applicants on the waiting list around January.

Also I believe that they have mostly all the attractions positions for Cars Land filled already. I could be wrong though, but I know that a lot of the other CMs that wanted to transfer have already been brought over to DCA. Don't worry though because that means there should be more positions opened at the areas where those CMs transferred from.

Thanks for the reply and encouragements!

Guess I'll just wait it out and hope I get a callback in January. Thanks for the information, PandaNomz. I hope you get a callback soon as well.

Anyone have experience working attractions? What was it like, schedule, etc.

Thanks!

Quick update (for those researching):

I was wait listed in Nov. 22 for Attractions and was offered the job on the 16th of Jan. I received an email giving me a number to call and to leave a message saying I wanted the job. After a day or two, I received a call from a woman named Tansy saying that I needed to go to the Casting Center to file paperwork around the 29th-31st and I would be starting February 11th. I now only wonder when I will be doing Traditions.

Yay congrats! I'm going in Tuesday to do my paperwork and was told that they will give you your traditions date when you come in for your onboarding appointment. Have you already set your date for the paperwork? you make the appointment online from an email they send you.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaNomz View Post
    Yay congrats! I'm going in Tuesday to do my paperwork and was told that they will give you your traditions date when you come in for your onboarding appointment. Have you already set your date for the paperwork? you make the appointment online from an email they send you.
    I'm going to the Casting Center for my paperwork on the 30th, which is Monday. I'm starting Feb 11th so Traditions will probably be soon. Also congrats to you on your hiring! Maybe we'll cross paths one day and not even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by FreakSon View Post
    I'm going to the Casting Center for my paperwork on the 30th, which is Monday. I'm starting Feb 11th so Traditions will probably be soon. Also congrats to you on your hiring! Maybe we'll cross paths one day and not even know it!

Thanks! I'm guessing Feb 11th is your traditions date then o.o since you can't really start without going through traditions. Maybe we'll be in the same class lol. I'm so excited!