Some park CM questions

ok CM help a guy out. Im a fellow CM but very new to Disney and I do not work at the park, so my lingo might be rusty (if i use any at all)
    1. Someone that works at the little shop across from Its a small world( not the store thats at the end of the attraction but the round one near the hedges) what would there work title be? How often does someone stay in that shop , or do they move around often. I didnt ask how long they had worked for Disney but they were letting the "newbie" people handle the guests.

2. do they usually work in the same area at least? I met this CM tonight and talked during the Holiday parade as i let some familys with little kids take my spot. I eventually went over and asked what an item was as i never knew what it was and we started chatting. I just want to thank this person for talking to me and hope I can meet them again very soon to say so and not have it just be a moment i wish i had said something earlier but never got to.

• DLR Cast Member

Re: Some park CM questions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    1. Someone that works at the little shop across from Its a small world... what would there work title be?
    I'm not sure if you're referring to the food location, or the merchendise kiosk. Most of the merch kiosks are run by Outdoor Vending (ODV). Counter service eatery locations are run by Food & Beverage. In both cases, the title of the CM is typically host or hostess.
    How often does someone stay in that shop , or do they move around often.
    You move around often. If you work in F&B, you'll be rotate between several F&B locations, depending on what you've been trained on. If you're ODV, same thing. You'll rotate between several predesignated ODV locations for which you'll be trained.
    I just want to thank this person for talking to me and hope I can meet them again very soon to say so and not have it just be a moment i wish i had said something earlier but never got to.

If you know the person's name (from their name tag), you're welcome to contact guest relations and let them know you appreciated their service. GR will notify the location's management, who will use the date, time, and name to contact the CM in question. The dedicated CM's truly appreciate guest compliments when they get them. Not to toot my own horn, but I've gotten several, and it honestly makes me remember why I do what I do.

You can email them at the following link:
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

or write to them at:
    Disneyland Guest Relations
    1313 Harbor Blvd.
    P.O. Box 3232
    Anaheim, CA
    92803-6161

Or, you can take a survey on DLR's site about your specific experience:
    http://disneysurveys.com/wix/p0060558.aspx

Even if you had a negative experience, I encourage anyone to contact GR at using the info above.
    Last edited by RiversOfAmerica; 12-10-2011 at 09:54 AM.

You're most likely referring to a Merchandise Host/ess.
    My boyfriend is currently land locked in Fantasyland and he usually has his night shifts in the area you are referring to. Do you remember anything about the CM?

But yeah, you could always use the options Rivers posted to give the person a compliment or find out who it was.

oh I remember a lot about the cast member lol. It just they were so nice to me, im a shy person when it comes to talking to someone, so for them to get me to open up about who i am,why i moved out to CA and about my position at Disney takes a lot.
    Ive been told they are most likely a CR Merchandise H/H (05) What ever the heck that means lol

CR Merchandise H/H (05)
    Part-time Merchandise Host/Hostess. The number is either the department number, or stands for a section of merchandise.

• DLR Cast Member

Ive been told they are most likely a CR Merchandise H/H (05) What ever the heck that means lol
    They're a Casual Regular Merchandise Host/Hostess. "Casual Regular" refers to their hourly status. The "05" is an internal code referring to the position type.