Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wink I was put on a waitlist??

So I had my Disneyland interview today and I felt it went really well So my recruiter put me on a waitlist for sales and merchandising (which was my second choice but funny b/c i put my first as 3rd shift custodial) and she said they would get in touch in 2 to 3 months for possible available positions. I read online somewhere that some people had to sign a waiver for a background check and I never got that. Were they giving false hope or is it b/c I applied online then got the interview rather than applying at the casting center?

Re: I was put on a waitlist??

The application process is the same whether you went in person or did it online so that's not the case.

I applied Dec 2nd and was also waitlisted and never got a waiver for a background check (atleast I don't remember getting one or I think it might have been on the online application when you put in your social and checked off a box)...but if it wasn't there I think you might get that when they call/email you back about your waitlist position and sign your new hire papers. My recruiter told me January/February so I'm still waiting for my call back.

Good luck [= maybe we'll see each other during the summer cause I'm in for merchandising too [=

Yea i'm just scared I might be one of those people who never get called back and it is one of my main fears at the moment. I want to work there even more now that I talk to a recruiter Rita? And now that I've been thinking about it I'm better fitted for sales and merchandising

After two months and they haven't called/emailed you back yet (my recruiter said that they will most likely email you), I suggest you call them just to follow up on your wait list. Stay positive, I know the wait kills you lol... I know its killing me. They will start hiring again within the next couple of months for spring break/summer and because of carsland so don't worry too much [=

Kids: Micechat is a great forum for most questions. However, as with any employment question for any employer, your best source of information is with the company you applied with, not here. You have valid questions and concerns, which need to be addressed, but, again, not here. Ask your recruiter. She is the best source of reliable answers. Good luck and may the force be with you!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Actually we have a lot of current CM's who have a wealth of information that they don't mind sharing with "newbies."

But we also have a different forum, just for that too.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Current CMs with a wealth of knowledge have that knowledge of their position and their personal experiences. The only way they would have relevant information is if they are currently in HR in a position of hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by PandaNomz View Post
    After two months and they haven't called/emailed you back yet (my recruiter said that they will most likely email you), I suggest you call them just to follow up on your wait list. Stay positive, I know the wait kills you lol... I know its killing me. They will start hiring again within the next couple of months for spring break/summer and because of carsland so don't worry too much [=
    If you call, this is how the conversation will go:

"Casting, this is (fill in the Recruiter's name). How can I help you?"

"Hi there. I had an interview with you two months ago and you put me on the wait list. I was wondering what the status of my application is."

"You are still on the wait list. If a position becomes available, we will contact you. Do you have any other questions? No? Then have a magical day!"

Global

Quote Originally Posted by Global View Post
    If you call, this is how the conversation will go:

"Casting, this is (fill in the Recruiter's name). How can I help you?"

"Hi there. I had an interview with you two months ago and you put me on the wait list. I was wondering what the status of my application is."

"You are still on the wait list. If a position becomes available, we will contact you. Do you have any other questions? No? Then have a magical day!"

Global

Yeah I figured (similar response a couple weeks ago), but this was just a suggestion from my family friend who works in HR. She told me if I didn't get a response by Feb to call in. *shrugs* YMMV.

• Nerd

both my kids applied online, received an online interview by answering about 20 questions - passed that interview and received and email invitation for a face to face interview. This process took about 3 days - After a group face to face meeting they answered a few more questions..."why do you want to work at Disneyland" "What would you do if..." type stuff - and were both hired on the spot.

There was no background check, drug testing or any other waiting...they were scheduled to attend the training right there in person. Within 2 weeks they were working at Disneyland. Its been a few months now so maybe there is a slow down in hiring for right now - but it seems to me that they would be busy looking for people for the new opening which could explain the "waiting list"

Good Luck
    Last edited by CMHusband; 01-07-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by gbkie View Post
    Were they giving false hope or is it b/c I applied online then got the interview rather than applying at the casting center?
    No, the process is no different. If you go in person to the Casting Center, they'll have you sit at a PC kiosk which directs to the same site than you would see if you applied online from home. So have no fear, you aren't being treated any differently if you apply online.

Now, regarding wait listing, the purpose of the waitlist is to have people available to fill positions which, though currently filled, regularly become available throughout the season. Most people who interview this tme of year (off-peak season) will be waitlisted. It's normal. I have a family member who was waitlisted, and who got a call to come in after being on the wait list for about 6 weeks. But your own experience will vary.

Regarding your background check, that will be part of your paperwork if you get offerred a position. They'll check your legal residency status, criminal history, driving history, and in many cases, your credit history. But unless you're an illegal alien, or you've got a ton of bankruptcies or have been convicted of a crime, you won't haev any problem passing the background check.

---------- Post added 01-07-2012 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Popcornballs View Post
    Current CMs with a wealth of knowledge have that knowledge of their position and their personal experiences. The only way they would have relevant information is if they are currently in HR in a position of hiring.
    Not quite. Curret CM's like myself are all made aware of the hiring process, and we all go through the same hiring procdure. It's the same for anyone here as it would be for us. There's no secret hiring code or anything for HR CM's.

thanks for the advice guys im put more at ease now but i do have another problem. i looked at my status on my disney careers portal/log in thing and its says im waitlisted but its still says 3rd shift custodial (which is what i originally applied for) but my recruiter said she was going to put me on the waitlist for merchandising because i had more experience in retail. so shouldn't it say merchandising instead of 3rd shift custodial? i tried calling today but the casting center is closed on the weekends... has anyone else had this problem and what did you do? what should i do?! D;

• DLR Cast Member

I don't think that necessarily mean anything. It certainly doesn't mean you're in danger of not getting hired. You might want to call the Casting Center at (714) 781-1600 and ask them about it. That should put yur mind at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post

There was no background check, drug testing or any other waiting...they were scheduled to attend the training right there in person. Within 2 weeks they were working at Disneyland.

Good Luck
    The background check happened within the two weeks between receiving the job offer and starting.

Also, drug tests ARE now happening for a few roles.

Global

Do you guys thing having 9 months of experience in retail is enough for a job in one of the stores at Disneyland?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast