Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interview questions

Hello CMs and everyone else seeking employment through the DLR. I have a interview on friday and have a few questions. I am quite suprised after all of my applications everywhere in socal, DLR schedules a interview.

I know you guys get these topics a lot but the ones I found are old or missing my specific questions.

1. I have a wide variety of work experience behind me from retail, warehousing, electrical construction trade. What positions are open after the holidays?

2. I have a tattoo of my wife's name in script on my left forearm. I know this only qualifies me for about three positions. Does anyone know of these positions?

3. Are current interviews, one on one or group interviews.

4. And in the group interviews do they ask everyone in the room the normal "Why do you want to work here, what are your key assets, etc etc"?

5. I am available to work any shift for any duration. I do not mind working overtime and I do not mind working any holiday, does this give me any better of a chance of getting hired or put on priority waiting list?

Re: Interview questions

1.Actually right now they are doing a lot of hiring in a lot of areas( i know real specific right lol) I know they are looking for travel planners and people to work at the travel center. Im sure rivers will chime in as to whats going on with the park. With Cars land opening very soon they are certainly hiring

2. NO but everything ive heard is they wont even look at you if they notice a tattoo. And if you do have one it better be able to be covered up by your costume.

3. It really depends, mine over the summer was a group interview.

4.At mine it was basically, tell me about your work history and why youd like to work at Disney, and 1 was, explain an attraction to me if i were a guest coming for the first time.

5. Not sure about OT right now, but know it is offered. and with Cars land opening im sure there will be OT opportunities. One bit of advice if they offer you a position DO NOT TURN IT DOWN.Take it becasue in months or so you can transfer. Once you say no its hard to even get a call back from them.

Congrats on the interview, I also have an interview on Friday

I was also wondering what the interview will be like (group or solo)

I going for either Cart Cashier (Experience at Sea World and Universal Studios) or security (security in Hollywood for over a year)

Thanks for the answers Kevin, much appreciated. By all means I will take any position as I need a job badly right now.

And gladiator, what time is yours scheduled at? Mine is at 11:15

Quote Originally Posted by finishlinegfx View Post
    Thanks for the answers Kevin, much appreciated. By all means I will take any position as I need a job badly right now.

And gladiator, what time is yours scheduled at? Mine is at 11:15

interview at 2:30

How did both of your interviews go? [=

Mine went very well, felt very comfortable and all of the questions were normal and not probing. Probably the nicest interview I have ever had. Was one on one, there were about 5 other people there for that time, I was called first and my interview was done in 20 minutes.

I was offered warehousing, the one located in Ontario. I was put on the waiting list, which is ok by me since my name is in their system now. My second choice role was rest/custodial busser.

All in all it was a great interview! Hope to hear back in the future from them.

I am currently situated in Missouri and hopping a train tomorrow to Cali... my interview is on Wednesday! I'm super nervous. Thanks for all the information, everyone! I'm feeling a bit more confident.

Got a call back and they offered me a position as a busser. I go on the 3rd to do my paperwork. So I applied Dec 21 2011. Interviewed January 14, 2012 and got a job offer on March 19 2012

yay, congrats!

• Selective Pin Trader

Congrats on your position! Enjoy the training

Hey guys had my onboarding back on the 3rd. I will be CR Custodial Busser, I start traditions this friday the 13th =) haha. I also have a welcome to california slip so I am guessing I will be working DCA or Both parks? Looking forward to it all! Anyone else a busser?

Not the thread steal, but to confirm, onboarding is casual dress and traditions is nicer interview type dress, correct? I want to make sure I don't have that backwards.

---------- Post added 04-09-2012 at 11:33 PM ----------

And is either a paid thing? Or no?

---------- Post added 04-09-2012 at 11:33 PM ----------

And is either a paid thing? Or no?

• Selective Pin Trader

I do not remember what onboarding vs traditions is. (In fact, I think I only really had one - unless onboarding is considered that first 'real' day at the job. Traditions is usually held in an environment that is not your normal work. (Unless you're going to be working in training I guess.)) I do recall that during traditions, most people dressed business casual. I wore a suit to my interview, and I wasn't going to do that to traditions. My dress was this:

Slacks, button down shirt with tie, nice shoes. I didn't button the top button to my shirt collar.

---------- Post added 04-10-2012 at 08:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by finishlinegfx View Post
    Hey guys had my onboarding back on the 3rd. I will be CR Custodial Busser, I start traditions this friday the 13th =) haha. I also have a welcome to california slip so I am guessing I will be working DCA or Both parks? Looking forward to it all! Anyone else a busser?
    If you find out where you'll be working, I will definitely keep an eye out for you in the parks.

For me, my interviewer said first I go to the Cast Place building to turn in my paperwork and spend a couple hours there at the end of the hallway. And I'll have my picture taken. I believe that is the day she said people come in regular clothes.
    Then my full day thing was going to be a week later and I think she said that's the get to know Disney day/walk around the parks. But to be dressed up.

Are there any items, like print outs, to bring to those days? I know I need my ID, but anything else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast