Application Question

It's been five days since I sent in an application, and I haven't gotten an e-mail back yet. I've read about others getting an e-mail within hours to do a personality test., but no such luck for me. I applied for ODV (because I have three seasons of experience vending at Six Flags), which I heard has a high turnover rate, and yet my application is still "pending review." I'm worried because I reallllly want this job.

If you applied online, how long did it take you to receive this e-mail? I'm afraid that I won't get one at all because I put down Friday-Sunday as my only availability. Could this have been my downfall?

Re: Application Question

I sent in my application a couple days ago and I'm already freaking out. I choose Vacation Planner/Photo Pass/ Attractions. I really wanted to do attractions. I put Available Nights on Sun-Wednesday or Thursday because I was planning to do summer school & spend time with my family during the summer break. I'm currently in Arizona for my junior year of college. I'm pretty sure you have a higher chance to get hired than me because you have experience and Friday-Sunday are the busiest. Good luck to both of us! (:

All applications stay active in the system for 6 months, so if you don't get an email right away, they probably haven't even started looking at applications for the position you applied for yet. I know quite a few people who didn't get a call back for almost 5 months and he just got the job! Don't give up hope :]

Also remember there are 100's of people with OPEN availability. Spending time over the summer with your family is nice and all but for people running a business they need you here when they need you here, and will look over your application at the next person with open availability.

Well, I looked over a community college classes and I finished all the classes that they have available for my minor. I want to change my application to full availability but since I already sent the application in, I can't edit it. Do you now of a way to inform DL that you changed to full availability?

maybe call? Im not sure ,even if you had to lie id have put full availability lol

---------- Post added 02-23-2012 at 01:40 AM ----------

Not that lying is the way to go but you could have always said"oh my availability changed"

I know that now! haha. I was so excited about apply to DL, but I knew school comes first. I just looked at the schedule for a community college near my house, but i don't need any of the classes because they have such a small section and all the classes that I want to take aren't even available. haha.

I wasn't thinking when I sent in the application, I should've put full availability :[ Man, I'm going to be real sad if I can't change it! I'll try calling in tomorrow. Thank you Kevin! I wasn't lying. My availability did change haha

Well yeah i understand that lol. To be 100% honest when i filled out my application i had no availability as i was working two jobs at the time, but Mickey thought i was open 24/7

Haha, I need to think like that. I really want to work for Disney and I wanted to try the College Program, but my school doesn't offer credit for the CP. I'll probably apply for the CP when I graduate, hopefully in the next year and a half! I made a bad mistake not putting full availability =[

I think I made a mistake by not putting full availability, too. Do you know if the status is going to say, "Pending review," forever if you didn't make the first cut, or will they change it? I want to know if it's a flat out "no" rather than keep my hopes up unnecessarily for the next six months...

Hopefully, you have a better chance than me. I ended up applying for the Disney College Program today and I got processed and asked to take a web based interview.

Good luck! :] After a couple weeks, I guess try calling in to see if your application was processed. My friend had to wait 2 months for them to get an interview and he got the job! Don't fret, Fri-Sun is when the most people come, so I'm pretty sure you have a better chance than me!