Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

Quote Originally Posted by snappy
    Working ODV we always got free soft drinks? WHY???
    What other PERKS did fellow Cast Member's get while working in the Parks?
    Attractions?
    Custodial?
    Characters?
    Etc....??
    It's in the foods contract that you get free soft drinks at your location, and since ODV has no set location, you get them at all of the 'star dinerz.'

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by invader pearl
    Both of which are terminable offenses. Some leads turn away when you do things like that, but there are many more who stick to their guns and will report you, start an investigation, which leads to a temporary suspension and then termination. And this can grant you a no-rehire status. Just a helpful note.
    never saw anything like this come up as I sat back stage with my managers eatting the fudge LOL but if it does I'll let you know
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Do I seem familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDemona
    never saw anything like this come up as I sat back stage with my managers eatting the fudge LOL but if it does I'll let you know
    I think I should've clarified that my comment was mostly supposed to be about the discount situation. Giving a CM that's A status a B discount is a terminable offense and considered discount abuse. As for the fudge, apparently that's your management's discretion. I once asked about that once, when I closed at a candy location, why all the strawberries and other items (apples, etc.) that were MOS'd just dumped into the trash. If anything, I felt that what they couldn't sell the next day could at least be donated to a food bank if it was salvagable. Apparently, just like taking a partially broken item from the trash compactor that's already been MOS'd, it's still considered stealing. :/

• Minion

Invader do you work on the eastside? It does depend on who you talk to, some let you some dont, but the reason they cant be sold is because its a health issue. We used to MOS everything then eat it only after asking stock if it was ok or the managers. The reason that this rule was put in place was because cast was breaking things just to eat them at the end of the night or MOSing good things saying they were bad.

• This Maid Loves it!!

I like receiving neat cast member tokens...recently besides the ultra cool Buzz Lightyear cup with the tickets, I love the 50th fun fact booklet, which resembels the E ticket coupon book...and I can't wait for the trading cards set, and tickets to see the parade and the fireworks!!
    'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

• Do I seem familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDemona
    Invader do you work on the eastside? It does depend on who you talk to, some let you some dont, but the reason they cant be sold is because its a health issue. We used to MOS everything then eat it only after asking stock if it was ok or the managers. The reason that this rule was put in place was because cast was breaking things just to eat them at the end of the night or MOSing good things saying they were bad.
    Nope, not on Eastside. At the end of the night, so many strawberries and daily-made candies were MOS'd and I used to think it was a waste to just throw them away like that.

• Minion

its is a waste, lol thats why they used to let us eat them =)

But I do have to say I miss comming into the park when ever I feel like it, I might get a limited pass to come in during the down seasons

• PhilMP
    Quote Originally Posted by Arilvdc
    It's in the foods contract that you get free soft drinks at your location, and since ODV has no set location, you get them at all of the 'star dinerz.'
    Hehe, I remember for a time the Inn Between got all butt-hurt about us drinking all their soda, so Food and Bev said that we can't get free soda from cast commissaries. So...for about a week vending had bottles of soda at the office...all the way behind splash mountain, for people to drink on their break.

Well now, since we all didn't want to go back to the office for a drink, we just took drinks from the inn between anyways. They finally relented and said that now all we have to do is tell a cashier so they can charge vending for soda.

And now it's back to how it was before. The circle of soda goes on.

Phil

• Leave 'em wanting more!

I work in TDA and I get diddley squat! I take that back, there is a Theme Perks in the atrium and sometimes they double stamp my coffee card
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Pacifist Skipper

In attractions I'd constantly get pulled out of line asking why I was waiting there.

When I worked in the Disneyland Bakery (next to the Inn Between in the Plaza Inn), I used to be able to snack on anything I liked. From freshly baked apple and cherry turnovers to pecan pies, freshly baked Danish or whatever. Danish and turnovers were best right out of the oven. Boston Creme Pies were also great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12