Castmember housing and transportaion?

Okay, quick introduction. My name is Jessica and I have been given a rare and wonderful opportunity to go up to Disneyland for a job interview. As excited as I am about it, one major thing stands in my way. If I am hired on the spot, I have no means of getting there. At the moment I have no car, and while I live in Southern California, unfortunately I live a good 2 to 3 hours away from the park. I have heard before that in the past, Disney actually had a housing community in close proximity to the park for cast members to live in and they also provided some kind of shuttle service as transportation to and from the park. My question is, do they still offer this or has it since been shut down? I would have no problems relocating in order to work there, but I need an answer soon as I only have five days to schedule a job interview.

Re: Castmember housing and transportaion?

The shuttle is to and from the cast parking lot. Disney does provide bus passes for free (after you are hired) and you can be paid to take the bus (2 points a day. 20 points = 10$ on your paycheck when you record it correctly) but given you live 3 hrs away it'll probably take you a really long time by bus... The only housing community I know of is for the college program CM's. Other than that, CM's do get a slight discount on apartments in the region. When I say slight I mean like 2% or something like that. The best thing for you is to look for roomshare offers so you can rent out a room somewhere close and take the bus or walk/bike to work everyday.

Oh and even if you're hired on the spot, you'll still have to wait for the next available traditions class which are usually only scheduled on fri/sat. The people I know who have gotten hired had a 1-2 week waiting period in between getting hired and doing their paperwork and then another 1-2 weeks for their traditions class. During that time you could figure out where you will be staying. So basically like ~2weeks ish of not working so you can find housing. I was called back in january, did paperwork beginning of feb, didnt start til feb 10.

yeah housing i think is only CP(college program) I would at least start looking for potential roommates in the area. If DISNEY offers this lets us know LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PandaNomz View Post
    Disney does provide bus passes for free.
    The free bus passes are only valid on OCTA busses, and do not allow transfers to other transit systems. The TEAM Centers do sell discounted passes for other transit systems though.