Rehire Interview??

Hello all. I have a rehire interview next week and was wondering what kind of questions to expect? Will it be similar to the initial interview? Will the line of questioning be more along the lines of "Why should you be rehired", "Why did you leave", etc, etc. Any information would be super.

• Former Cast Member

Re: Rehire Interview??

Did you complete the petition to have your no rehire lifted? If so, how long did it take to get a response? I am debating on when I am going to start the process.

I actually didn't hear anything about a no-rehire status before I applied. I just applied and around six months after I applied, I took my online interview. I know the company has a waiting period before rehiring but I couldn't find any information on how long the waiting period is. So like I said, I just reapplied.

• I came I saw I celebrated

I had a rehire interview about a year ago...and didn't make it through. I think I may have answered the question "If we looked back on your personnel record, what would we find?" a little too honestly. I think that after not having been with them for over three years, it might not have been that easy for them to pull it up. Also, the person interviewing me didn't seem interested in my responses.

Most people try to tell those who are trying to rehire to "be honest". Do that, only if you're being asked a specific question. Otherwise, focus on the positives and strategically avoid giving away "too much information" that can be sometimes too honest. But again, honesty is appreciated when asked. Best of luck!

• Former Cast Member

Sorry to hear you did not make it through. Are you going to try again in the near future? I tell you, some of these cast members in casting do not have the right personality and I honestly do not know how they make it there and then essentially have the say to yay or nay someone. I feel like a lot of casting employess do not deserve to be there, because of their rude demeanors.

• That's a lot of look.

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    Did you complete the petition to have your no rehire lifted? If so, how long did it take to get a response? I am debating on when I am going to start the process.
    Say what? You can petition to have that lifted? How do you do that?

Disneycareers.com has changed since I last applied. They used to have a 1-800 number you could call to talk to a real live CM. I was going to call to ask about just this subject! Alas, there is no number anywhere on the site for Casting.

How do you petition?

• That's a lot of look.

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    Aw yeah, here's how I cleared up my status!

Call Casting: 714-766-0888. Tell them you suspect you have a no-rehire status, ask the CM to confirm your status and ask how you can clear it up.

In my case, I was confirmed as a restricted rehire, told the nature of the hold on my status and given the number of the department with the hold to get more info. It took less than 10 minutes to clear it up. I'm on my way over this afternoon to get the paperwork started. Yippee!

Two caveats: I don't know how much more involved it is to clear up a no-rehire and being a restricted rehire means that you probably won't be considered for your old department.

PLAZAINN1, hope this helps you a little. Posted so that current CMs know what a PITA it is to clear this stuff up. Protect your re-hire status!

• Former Cast Member

Thanks for the info MissMOnkey and good luck with your situation.

Plaza Inn