I shouldn't expect a 2nd interview, right?

I'm now at the point of receiving an e-mail to book an interview.
    I haven't clicked on it yet though.
    Should I assume I'll have 1 interview and be hired on the spot or with a phone call later on?
    I'm just wondering how many days to book because I wouldn't want to fly all the way there and need to change my flight and book extra hotel nights because I have to go back another day for another interview.
    I would stay a few extra days to go to the park, but I'd rather not spend the money on park tickets if I am going to be hired and get free admission soon after.

• Nerd

Re: I shouldn't expect a 2nd interview, right?

click on it...I think my son did an online questionaire then booked an interview and was hired at the interview. Then a couple of weeks later he went in to handle his paperwork, and started traditions about 2 days later.
    If you let them know you're traveling they should try to work with you.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

I was afraid about if I click on it, it might be the kind of thing I have to book right away or it'll expire, so I've been researching airfare/hotels.
    I'm just also debating if I fly in just for a day to interview or stay longer.
    Though I can't think of anything that I would do for a 2nd day except visit Downtown Disney a little since I wouldn't have a car...

Id suggest to learn the area. Im sure it doesnt always come up but being not from around here,like myself, you may get questions from guests your dont know how to handle lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    Id suggest to learn the area. Im sure it doesnt always come up but being not from around here,like myself, you may get questions from guests your dont know how to handle lol
    I'm trying to figure out how to find a place to live if they hire me.
    Since I don't know the area well and how to do it when living 1200 miles away.

You should schedule your appointment when it comes up and you also have a choice of changing it if you need to. For most of the front of the line positions like attractions/stores/odv or whatever its usually just one interview and you'll find out if you got hired on the spot or waitlisted or what have you. I suggest trying to find a roomie on craigslist or grabbing an apartmentfinder mag (they're free) from the liquor store around the area when you're here. You wont be able to live on your own with just disney starting pay though (mostly cause you wont be working more than 15 hrs when you first start...unless you're seasonal) unless you get hired into a salaried position. There are CMs who sometimes post for roomies on the bulletin boards at disney so that might be an idea too. You'll probably have 2 weeks in between being hired and paperwork before going through traditions so you can use that time to find a place to live.

Disney is so busy with interviewing people, calling people, having people do paperwork...etc etc. That it is impossible to say how far apart your on-boarding date would be from your hire date. You also run the risk of being put on a waitlist, and that can take months to hear back from. Not only that, traditions will be scheduled slightly after you do your on-boarding.

Disney is one company from what I see who takes quite a while to put you through the hiring process. Most jobs you get offered a position, do a drug test/background check and after those results clear you are working within a few days.

Now I am no position to give you concrete advice as I do not know your financial/family situation. If you are coming to california from another state you need to understand that california is a very expensive place to live. Most 1-Bedroom Apartments run 700-1200. And that does not include power/internet/phone. On top of that you will need a car and look to pay 4.20+ per gallon. I am not trying to ruin your dreams of working at the resort, but I am just giving you advice on someone who lives in southern california. And you have to remember that most entry level roles start around 9.00/hr If you worked 40 hours a week you would only make around 1200 after taxes. That is cutting it very close.

How do most people in california afford to live if most jobs pay at that rate? I do graphic design as a side job and my wife works also. I can guarantee that most people surviving have a second job, have roommates, or have a spouse to help with expenses.

I'm hoping to not get waitlisted since it's summer and because of Cars Land.
    I don't want to move to CA for Disney and then not get to work at all for months.

Getting a roommate is a little tough just cause I've never done it before without knowing the person a long time.
    I'm not very good at doing that kind of thing with complete strangers.

My last job didn't pay much more and I lived alone. Somehow I managed.
    Was hoping I could at Disney too, crossing my fingers for 40 hours during summer if not more.

I have considered finding a second job if I found I couldn't get enough hours from Disney...