Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just Throwng It Out There...Any CMs want to help me get into the parks Wed-Fri?

I should be getting to my hotel around Noon Wednesday, probably earlier.
    And I have no idea what to do for the day.
    My interview is Thursday morning so same for that day and most of Friday.
    I am hesitant to spend money on park tickets with the possibility of soon getting in free if I am hired.
    If for some reason I don't get hired, I'll have to make a quick decision. It'd be hard standing at the gates and not go inside.

Besides Downtown Disney and Garden Walk, any suggestions of places to waste time that are walking distance?
    I've already spent a lot of money to come there so looking for the free stuff.

Thanks for any tips...

• Selective Pin Trader

Re: Just Throwng It Out There...Any CMs want to help me get into the parks Wed-Fri?

Sorry I can't help you with getting into the park, but I do wish you a lot of luck today on your interview! Believe me, I've been there too. One of the first weekends I was here, I went down to DTD and just walked around there .. couldn't go into the park or anything. In fact, I still haven't been to Disneyland and it's been about a month..

Re: Just Throwng It Out There...Any CMs want to help me get into the parks Wed-Fri?

OUch your asking a lot here from any of the CM. Reason being is if we let you in with one of our free admissions and you get in trouble, cause trouble or anything, WE could lose our jobs. Our names are printed on the tickets and those tickets are scanned each time you go into the park, so you need to keep that on you at all times, and since your NOT a family member(immediate) we would have to be with you the entire day. Its against company policy to do otherwise

• Selective Pin Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    ... and since your NOT a family member(immediate) we would have to be with you the entire day. Its against company policy to do otherwise
    I don't even know if I could be with my family member the entire day...

Best bet would be to buy a 1 day 1 park pass. (And choose Disneyland..)

yeah but thats 80 bucks id at least offer to buy him the ones at the cast center,not much saving but he maybe able to get a churro lol

• Selective Pin Trader

I didn't think about that.. but I guess that's at least a decent gesture. You save enough to basically get a free lunch. I live a decent amount from Anaheim that I can't just go to buy a few tickets and leave.. if I'm going that far south, I'm going to DL. :} *IF* they ever send me my main entrance pass, that is..

The internet in my hotel was not very good, so made it difficult to come here and check the board.
    I just thought if someone had any passes left and needed to use them up.
    But I hadn't realized the procedure for the using your pass thing. I had mentioned to some family members about coming, but I thought it would be where I get them in and then they are on their own...
    I wish I could have gone to the cast member store and bought cheap tickets.
    But instead I walked around Downtown and the hotels and went to Knott's the other couple days since their season pass isn't too expensive.
    It was nice having a whole day to spend in Downtown without feeling like I had to be in the parks and riding as much as I can. Though it was really difficult not going to the park while standing right at the gate, as I hadn't had my interview at that time.

How long after you have on boarding do you have to wait to get yourself in to the parks, or does that start right away? I wanted to go so badly. Hoping I don't need to wait too long.

As of the moment I believe it's 2 weeks after your start date that you get your Blue Main Entrance pass (Friends and family), however when you get your ID at traditions you can go through the main gate by yourself anytime you like. .

I've been reading all these PDFs in the paperwork thing.
    That made it sound like I had to work 90 days first. So if I can get in right away, I will be very happy with that.

---------- Post added 04-08-2012 at 12:24 AM ----------

How about parking when visiting? Will I have to pay, or is it free even when not working?

• Selective Pin Trader

Quote Originally Posted by redberon View Post
    ....however when you get your ID at traditions you can go through the main gate by yourself anytime you like. .
    Is this true? Or must you be a park cast member for this to work? Like corporate or other.. they can't get in, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CoP View Post
    Is this true? Or must you be a park cast member for this to work? Like corporate or other.. they can't get in, right?
    I'm speaking with regards to those working in the parks (My understanding is College Program Cast Members also get this benefit). I'm not sure of the differences for employees at the cruise line/corporate etc.

@BBlue,

When you're off the clock, your ID gets you free parking in the guest lots

Cool, if not, a walking distance place to live would have been high priority.

For any one with access to the cast member bulletin board, would you have noticed if there is much in the way of people requesting roommates?

WAIT theres a cast member message board ???? WHERE????? Im looking to move closer or even CAR pool with someone fro where i am or that drives by here.

so BBlue you got the job? It sounds like it but i want to be sure.

• Selective Pin Trader

Kevin, I know that through commuter assistance they can help match you up with carpooling. There's also a message board, but I don't use it enough to know much about it.

do you know/ can you find out the URL for me. And CA wasnt much help when i emailed them a while a go, as a matter of fact i dont think they ever got back to me lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast