Talking sales clerk interview help

I have a interview for sales clerk coming up and although I have been reading all of the threads it seems like everybody are interviewing for attractions. I am kinda nervous only because I want the job so badly. I have over 10 years customer service experience and I used to work at the disney store so I dont see why they would say no. I guess my question is does anyone know anything about what they are looking for when interviewing for this position? Any pointers on anything would be greatly appreciated.

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: sales clerk interview help

Sound like a shoe-in to me. Really you probably already have the guest service skills given your background already. When it comes to Stores, more so than most any other department (save Foods) you really need to be willing to work a range of schedules. There are receiving shifts that start at 2am, and replenishment shifts that start at 11pm and EVERYTHING inbetween.

Outside retail and Disneystore CMs are probably valued quite highly since those locations are pressured to upsell more than at Disneyland Resort. So I would stress being able to work a variety of hours, good attendance, good guest service skills (have a few stories prepped of how in the past you encountered a guest situation that could have turned out poorly, but you made a difference and the guest left happy), and that you have no problem suggestive selling.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Thank you so much. I will be fully prepared. I'm ok to work the late shifts and sucH. Do they usually stick with the starting pay when you get hired or is really based on your experience?

• Fastest Man Alive

It's a union position. Regardless of your previous experience or capability, your base pay and scheduling priorities will be exactly the same as anyone starting out from off the street.

Experience and other positions are a good thing to bring up when applying for promotions (lead, trainer, manager etc.)
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Quote Originally Posted by pinklover View Post
    I have a interview for sales clerk coming up..
    Same here! Best of luck to you and thanks for bringing this up because you're right, everyone seems to be going into foods or attractions but no one mentions stores.

Wally, would you happen to know if you work those late shifts, do you still have to be in costume?

Thanks

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
    Same here! Best of luck to you and thanks for bringing this up because you're right, everyone seems to be going into foods or attractions but no one mentions stores.

Wally, would you happen to know if you work those late shifts, do you still have to be in costume?

Thanks
    Yes. Even if you are never seen by guests (receiving shifts, mail order, warehouse etc.) you still wear a costume. Granted they are more comfortable and not as "theatrical" as day-time FOH.

Well that's a bummer..

One more question: I know custodial have their lockers to put away their pans and brooms and even personal stuff, but do the rest of the depts have that also? Where you can put away your bag or if you brought lunch from home?

• Fastest Man Alive

Yes. But, speaking generally, only Custodial have assigned lockers. For everyone else it's whatever lockers you can get to, and a first come first serve basis. Depending on the location and time of day, that is either no big deal- or a huge headache. Personally, I've never had a problem with the locker situation.

I got the jOb!!!!! Yaaaaaay meeee!!!

AWESOME. Welcome to the family