Help a newbie CM with schedule

Ok so I am done with my attractions training. I was told to call scheduling for a open shift since I'm post training . So on the hub it has me down for today 7pm to 11 so do I ignore this??

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Help a newbie CM with schedule

No. If that what the hub says you are working, then that is what the computers think. Not showing up will be a No Call/No Show.

Feel free to give your Stage Schedulers a call. If you don't know their number, call the Disneyland operator at 714-781-4000 and exlplain you need the phone number for Attractions Stage Scheduling.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Thanks!! just curious ,if I was scheduled why did my trainier tell me to call and ask for a shift?

---------- Post added 05-20-2012 at 11:38 AM ----------

Thanks! oh so just curious,why would I have to call and ask for a shift (as my trainier told me to do) if I'm scheduled on the hub?

• Fastest Man Alive

:shurgs: Not sure. But remember, outside of training, the trainer really has no idea what your shifts are, outside of looking it up in the scheduling binder.

Sometimes, depending on when the paperwork is sent in, the scheduling deadline is missed, and a new CM is scheduled 0 shifts their first week since the production scheduler didn't know they had washed out or not. So your trainer was probably playing it safe for your sake.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Quote Originally Posted by walle4 View Post
    Thanks!! just curious ,if I was scheduled why did my trainier tell me to call and ask for a shift?

---------- Post added 05-20-2012 at 11:38 AM ----------

Thanks! oh so just curious,why would I have to call and ask for a shift (as my trainier told me to do) if I'm scheduled on the hub?
    I'm guessing that post training shifts are scheduled like this because there may have been a possibility that you did not pass your P.A. If you didn't pass it's not like you can actually operate the attraction, so instead you would have probably gotten guest control (World of Color or Fantasmic) or they would have tried to give you an extra day of training or something so you could get a second chance at the PA.

Post Training pretty much works like Group Shifts. Your Attraction trainer or Guest Interaction Trainer might have told you about these. These are days where you are scheduled to work, but your location and time is still TBD. CMs with these shifts are usually used to provide extra help or are used to buffer a shift in areas where CMs have been calling out. Some CMs like these shifts because it's a good chance to get hours. There may be times where there are no shifts at your attraction and you will end up with GC or a possible Additional day off (ADO).