Question Help a potential future CM!

Hi guys!

I'm an 18-year-old college student from Washington State who has absolutely no plans for next summer. So, as a Disney fan, my first thought was, "what if I worked at Disneyland?"

However, I don't know if it's even a possibility, even if I did pass the audition/interview process. I know it's far-fetched, but would Disney allow a cast member to work (full-time or part-time) only during the summer months? My school is on a semester system, so I would be able to work from mid-May to the third week of August.

Assuming that Disney would be okay with me only working for the summer, when would be the best time to apply or audition, and how long does the training/Traditions process take? Do they expect you to go through training immediately after being hired, or could I, say, be hired in April and then not undergo training until I'm out of school?

My first choice for positions would be a character performer, but I would also love to work pretty much anywhere else in the park.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Help a potential future CM!

Sounds like applying for a seasonal position might be right for you. I don't know if you have read other posts but it varies greatly the length of time it takes Disney gets back at you for a job offer, if any, but it seems like a good idea to apply after spring break.

If you were to have an interview and get hired on the spot, it can be almost another few weeks until you even have traditions and then training after that.

• Miste2blue

My suggestion is to apply for the College Program......I worked in WDW back in 1999 & was able to return every summer thereafter while I was in college & that is what I did with my summers until I graduated....the good thing about the college program too is that they have some dept that you can go into that will likely apply to almost any major....check it out. I think if you type in Disneyland College Program (or Walt Disney World College Program), it will bring up the official website from Disney.....

Quick note: I believe that you still have to interview & get accepted (which is harder than I originally thought it would be)....but anyone who has any love for the mouse can pretty much pass.

Good luck!

Misty

Quote Originally Posted by miste2blue View Post
    My suggestion is to apply for the College Program......I worked in WDW back in 1999 & was able to return every summer thereafter while I was in college & that is what I did with my summers until I graduated....the good thing about the college program too is that they have some dept that you can go into that will likely apply to almost any major....check it out. I think if you type in Disneyland College Program (or Walt Disney World College Program), it will bring up the official website from Disney.....

Quick note: I believe that you still have to interview & get accepted (which is harder than I originally thought it would be)....but anyone who has any love for the mouse can pretty much pass.

Good luck!

Misty
    The DLR college program does not have a summer only option.

Global

Thanks for the advice, guys!

I've been planning on doing DCP for years. Right now the plan is to do it the semester after graduation, since I won't be able to squeeze it in the four years without doing an extra semester of college. I was hoping I could work there for a summer separate from DCP, if possible.