Wait-list question

I applied for food and beverages because I knew it's easier to get a job and perhaps more hours. Long story short, I was put on the wait list for merchandise and park greeter instead. Do you guys know how long the wait list usually is? When do they start calling most people from the wait list? I mean with all the holidays coming up, wouldn't they need more people? I applied at disney world, btw. But anyone with experience on the wait list should reply! Should I call to ask for a follow up even though it's only been a week? The recruiter asked me for 3 full days of availability, but I'm able to give 2 more days if needed - should I call and inform her?

I just want a job there Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Wait-list question

Quote Originally Posted by Viii View Post
    I applied for food and beverages because I knew it's easier to get a job and perhaps more hours. Long story short, I was put on the wait list for merchandise and park greeter instead. Do you guys know how long the wait list usually is? When do they start calling most people from the wait list? I mean with all the holidays coming up, wouldn't they need more people? I applied at disney world, btw. But anyone with experience on the wait list should reply! Should I call to ask for a follow up even though it's only been a week? The recruiter asked me for 3 full days of availability, but I'm able to give 2 more days if needed - should I call and inform her?

I just want a job there Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    I wouldn't call as you risk alienating yor Recruiter. Remember that your Recruiter interviews non stop every day. The experience you had with him or her is repeated about 9 more times in one of their shifts. they don't have time to call you back to tell you something that they've already told you.

You were told that you were on the wait list. That was a successful interview. Now be patient and wait for the email that will say they have an offer for you.

Global

Quote Originally Posted by Global View Post
    I wouldn't call as you risk alienating yor Recruiter. Remember that your Recruiter interviews non stop every day. The experience you had with him or her is repeated about 9 more times in one of their shifts. they don't have time to call you back to tell you something that they've already told you.

You were told that you were on the wait list. That was a successful interview. Now be patient and wait for the email that will say they have an offer for you.

Global
    The thing is, I've heard of people not hearing back even after 6 months. I don't wanna be just another person on the wait list, I wanna set myself apart. Is there a time limit I should wait before I call back? I just don't want to annoy the recruiter, but I also want to make it known that I'm serious about getting a job!

Quote Originally Posted by Viii View Post
    The thing is, I've heard of people not hearing back even after 6 months. I don't wanna be just another person on the wait list, I wanna set myself apart. Is there a time limit I should wait before I call back? I just don't want to annoy the recruiter, but I also want to make it known that I'm serious about getting a job!
    The thing is, getting put on the the wait list is not a guarantee of getting a job offer. You had a successful interview but there wasn't a position that was a fit for you that was open. The next time that you hear from Casting should be if and when they are ready to offer you one.

People don't move up the wait list because they call their Recruiter to remind them that they are still interested.

Most Recruiters won't call back a person on the wait list anyways. They are interviewing all day, every day.

Resist the urge to call.

global

I too am on the "waitlist". I assume that the interview went splendidly since we're on the "waitlist", but I'm also anxiously waiting for that email/phone call. I was assigned to Greeter and Custodial roles within the cast. I'm all about guest service and interacting, so it seemed like a pleasant fit. They actually offered me Greeter as an alternative after examining my interests during the interview which was a complete and pleasant surprise.

They're hiring a lot for the holidays I think... I received an email saying there was a position available and to call them and leave a voice mail. They called me back within the next day or so telling me which store I'd be working at, sent me more emails to fill out some information and whatnot. Did you apply at Disney world or Disney land? I think a lot of people eventually get called on the wait list so don't give up hope! For me, it was two weeks.

I applied at the Disneyland casting center in Anaheim Ca. It's only been 3 days (including today), but it's been the longest three days that I can recall.

I was on the waiting list for 2 months until I was hired in April. It depends really on their needs.

So I noticed today (the 27th) that there was a job availability post (made on the 25th) on the DLR site for custodial part time, which I am on the "Waitlist" for, but I haven't received any email notification or phone call yet. Wouldn't they likely check the "Waitlist" for that position before posting the available job? I ask because I just really want to be apart of that Disney magic and would hate to never receive the call or email notification in the 6 month time period.