I signed my availability-on-holidays contract, but...

So because stupid me forgot to let my recruiter know during my interview due to my overexcitedness that I am definitely not able to work Thanksgiving weekend, I am now scheduled to work that weekend...so I asked my department (manager? I forgot who she was, but she talked about our duties during Traditions) regarding the issue, and he told me that I was supposed to tell my recruiter beforehand. According to her, I just have to wait until the end of training and talk to my scheduler or the productions scheduler BUT,

My question is whether will I be in super deep trouble requesting this late, and/or will I be fired, and/or will it be a possibility that they WILL give me time off?

The reason why I can't work is because my family and I are going out of town and had reserved tickets and hotels several months before I even got called for an interview from Disney, and I don't think I can flake on this because since it's about 3-4 weeks until our trip, my ticket is non-refundable. I'm also a CR.

Re: I signed my availability-on-holidays contract, but...

Quote Originally Posted by ygsoul View Post
    So because stupid me forgot to let my recruiter know during my interview due to my overexcitedness that I am definitely not able to work Thanksgiving weekend, I am now scheduled to work that weekend...so I asked my department (manager? I forgot who she was, but she talked about our duties during Traditions) regarding the issue, and he told me that I was supposed to tell my recruiter beforehand. According to her, I just have to wait until the end of training and talk to my scheduler or the productions scheduler BUT,

My question is whether will I be in super deep trouble requesting this late, and/or will I be fired, and/or will it be a possibility that they WILL give me time off?

The reason why I can't work is because my family and I are going out of town and had reserved tickets and hotels several months before I even got called for an interview from Disney, and I don't think I can flake on this because since it's about 3-4 weeks until our trip, my ticket is non-refundable. I'm also a CR.
    Honestly, you wouldn't have been offered a position if you had told the Recruiter that you were not available to work Thanksgiving.

If you really want to work there, you probably should forget about that trip. Chances are between slim and none that they will grant the time off. You are still in your probationary period and they can fire you for any reason (like calling in sick for Thanksgiving).

Global