Waitlisted? Still excited though.

I attended an interview recently and it went superbly well. Unfortunately, they informed me that they filled all the positions for the season for the most part, but reassured me that my application would be placed on hold for Greeter and Custodial (which was fascinating that they offered greeter to me because I don't believe I applied for that one, but I think she saw the direction I was leaning towards with how I presented my intentions and goals within the company) considering my desire to interact with the guests. She said that once a position opens up, that they would examine the applications for those roles and that those on hold would be considered first. I left feeling confused as to how to interpret the end results of the interview. She did reassure me that the interview went really well and she seemed happy. I checked my application online and it didn't seem to reflect any changes, so I called the casting center toll free number just to verify. They said that I was put on a "waiting list" and that the online site wouldn't reflect that part of my application status. So woohoo. Does anyone know how long the average wait is for Greeter and/or custodial may be when on the wait list? I'm so excited, but worry after reading that some never receiving a call back while on the wait list.

Re: Waitlisted? Still excited though.

As far as I know there's no such thing as average waiting time for any position, you either get a call or email within 6 months or you don't. I used to be in custodial and it seemed people got hired often, don't know if that's still the case.. Good luck!

Thank you so much for filling me in. I'm really hoping that I get the call. *crosses fingers*

So I noticed today that there was a job availability post on the DLR site for custodial part time, which I am on the "Waitlist" for, but I haven't received any email notification or phone call yet. Wouldn't they likely check the "Waitlist" for that position before posting the available job? I ask because I just really want to be apart of that Disney magic and would hate to never receive the call or email notification in the 6 month time period.

You should give them a call and find out what's going on

I did call and they still confirmed my "waitlist" status, but said that they likely put it up to begin a pull of apps for the position in possible prep for the Spring season hiring. I'm really hopeful for the potential that the "Waitlist" seems to imply if my perception of it is correct. I guess all I can do is keep wishing upon a star and hope that my wish comes true.