Question Disneyland Hiring Process/Background Check

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, if not, then I apologize and would gladly appreciate it if you can point me to the right forum.

Anyway, I just got hired yesterday for a p/t position at the Disneyland Resort here in CA. The position is for a Quick Service Restaurant cashier. I have finished all the forms and documents I needed to fill out and sign in the New Hire Portal, and I have also been scheduled for a New Hire Onboarding next week. I was informed that they will do a background check too.

What exactly is included in the background check? Do they perform a credit check too? I have nothing to worry about my background check since I don't have any record. I am, however, a bit concerned about the credit check. I really don't have a good credit, not so bad either, but I do have a few things in collections. I have been unemployed for two years and have no other source of income. Will a bad credit affect my chances of being hired? I've been hired by other places before even with my bad credit history, but I am not sure if Disneyland will be stricter in regards to it.

Any help you can extend will be much appreciated!

Re: Disneyland Hiring Process/Background Check

Quote Originally Posted by LilyRose View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, if not, then I apologize and would gladly appreciate it if you can point me to the right forum.

Anyway, I just got hired yesterday for a p/t position at the Disneyland Resort here in CA. The position is for a Quick Service Restaurant cashier. I have finished all the forms and documents I needed to fill out and sign in the New Hire Portal, and I have also been scheduled for a New Hire Onboarding next week. I was informed that they will do a background check too.

What exactly is included in the background check? Do they perform a credit check too? I have nothing to worry about my background check since I don't have any record. I am, however, a bit concerned about the credit check. I really don't have a good credit, not so bad either, but I do have a few things in collections. I have been unemployed for two years and have no other source of income. Will a bad credit affect my chances of being hired? I've been hired by other places before even with my bad credit history, but I am not sure if Disneyland will be stricter in regards to it.

Any help you can extend will be much appreciated!

The background check for a QSR Cashier is just a criminal background check. If you don't have any convictions, you will be fine.

Do not worry.

global

Question Re: Disneyland Hiring Process/Background Check

Quote Originally Posted by Global View Post
    The background check for a QSR Cashier is just a criminal background check. If you don't have any convictions, you will be fine.

Do not worry.

global

Thanks you for your response! But I'm not really worried about the type of background check, since I don't have a record. I am worried about the credit check (if there will be one) since my credit history is not so good. Any insight regarding the process of the background check? Does it involve a credit check?