• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I GOT THE JOB (Disney international program)

I posted in this forum around August saying I had been accepted for a phone interview to do the summer program at Disney World (I'm from Canada, always been a dream to work for Disney.) Well, I passed that stage and moved on to in person interviews. I had my interview in Montreal Canada (I live on the west coast, flew 4 hours as 24 minutes) this past Thursday. Well I found out today, 2 days later.... I'm HIRED. I'm moving to Florida. This small town, west coast Canadian is going to DISNEYWORLD! I'll be working quick service food and beverage! So excited! I hope to meet many of you on my 2.5 month experience! This Disney journey started long ago because of MiceChat.

This site has taught me so much about the parks, since I joined when I was 14 I believe (now 21) I have so much to thank this site for, one of which created the drive to want to work their, and finding anyway possible as a Canadian (which is hard!) thank you MiceChat! I've come full circle! Let the journey begin!

Any tips and tricks for this Canadian moving to Florida?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Re: I GOT THE JOB (Disney international program)

As DCAToday on Twitter would say, CONE-grats!

• i believe in faeries.

CONGRATS!!!
    a friend of mine worked in Epcot years ago... she said it was one of the most life changing things she ever did.
    good luck to you, and what an oppourtunity! congrats again!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Good luck!

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I posted in this forum around August saying I had been accepted for a phone interview to do the summer program at Disney World (I'm from Canada, always been a dream to work for Disney.) Well, I passed that stage and moved on to in person interviews. I had my interview in Montreal Canada (I live on the west coast, flew 4 hours as 24 minutes) this past Thursday. Well I found out today, 2 days later.... I'm HIRED. I'm moving to Florida. This small town, west coast Canadian is going to DISNEYWORLD! I'll be working quick service food and beverage! So excited! I hope to meet many of you on my 2.5 month experience! This Disney journey started long ago because of MiceChat.

This site has taught me so much about the parks, since I joined when I was 14 I believe (now 21) I have so much to thank this site for, one of which created the drive to want to work their, and finding anyway possible as a Canadian (which is hard!) thank you MiceChat! I've come full circle! Let the journey begin!

Any tips and tricks for this Canadian moving to Florida?
    Congratulations! You'll love it.

Summer in Florida is very warm and wet. So you'll be wanting to pack light clothes, and raingear. For also working in the parks, don't cheap out, buying comfortable high-quality shoes is one thing you will be thankful for very quickly.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter