CM Breaks and Meals?

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to micechat, but I've been using it for a while now. I was waitlisted in early Feb for DLR and just dying to get the call (I even wait by the phone in my dreams:P).

Anyway I've been curious lately about how the breaks are given out. I currently work a job that makes the experience quite wretched. Our higher-ups have the incentive to give us our breaks as soon as they can so I am often given my main break about 30 mins into my 8-hour shift. Since its a half-hour break, That's seven hours of just gahhhhhhhh. Sure we get a nice little 10 min break during that period, but good heavens does it make the whole shift a pain in my behind.

Can anyone provide some details on how Disneyland manages our shifts? Do we get free or discount meals at any of the food services there? Im scared Mr.Mouse wont like the idea that Im an antsy waitlister who bugs cast members about this, so Ill only say im waitlisted for a food service role (oh and Noam is just a nickname)

Re: CM Breaks and Meals?

Quote Originally Posted by NOAM View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I'm new to micechat, but I've been using it for a while now. I was waitlisted in early Feb for DLR and just dying to get the call (I even wait by the phone in my dreams:P).

Anyway I've been curious lately about how the breaks are given out. I currently work a job that makes the experience quite wretched. Our higher-ups have the incentive to give us our breaks as soon as they can so I am often given my main break about 30 mins into my 8-hour shift. Since its a half-hour break, That's seven hours of just gahhhhhhhh. Sure we get a nice little 10 min break during that period, but good heavens does it make the whole shift a pain in my behind.

Can anyone provide some details on how Disneyland manages our shifts? Do we get free or discount meals at any of the food services there? Im scared Mr.Mouse wont like the idea that Im an antsy waitlister who bugs cast members about this, so Ill only say im waitlisted for a food service role (oh and Noam is just a nickname)
    Most of the roles use an automated deployment system which puts CMs on a rotation. In foods, your lead will tell you when to go on break. It is usually around the 2 hour mark, but some leads do enjoy giving out breaks and lunches early to get them out of the way.