Disneyland Attractions Cast Member Interview Process

Hi guys,

So I'm currently going to college in NorCal, and I just scheduled my Attractions Cast Member in-person interview for the week before my finals week (where there's no class). Do you think that it's possible I might get hired during the quick trip I make to SoCal to do the in-person interview? I won't be able to work for at least another week after the interview, so do you think they'll understand? I'm looking for a seasonal job even though I applied for part-time, and I've heard alot of times people get waitlisted, so on the opposite side is it possible that I could get waitlisted through alot of the summer and not get a job until June or July?

In terms of the interview, what kinds of advice do you guys have? I will literally be flying into SoCal the night before and spending the night at home before my interview the next morning, so hopefully no jet lag. Also, I'm not sure whether to be open to other positions or not. I really want only Attractions because I'm studying engineering and love learning about the operations of theme park rides and efficiency/optimization stuff, all while interacting with guests and such. I would appreciate any kind of advice from you guys, thanks!

Re: Disneyland Attractions Cast Member Interview Process

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak777 View Post
    Hi guys,

So I'm currently going to college in NorCal, and I just scheduled my Attractions Cast Member in-person interview for the week before my finals week (where there's no class). Do you think that it's possible I might get hired during the quick trip I make to SoCal to do the in-person interview? I won't be able to work for at least another week after the interview, so do you think they'll understand? I'm looking for a seasonal job even though I applied for part-time, and I've heard alot of times people get waitlisted, so on the opposite side is it possible that I could get waitlisted through alot of the summer and not get a job until June or July?

In terms of the interview, what kinds of advice do you guys have? I will literally be flying into SoCal the night before and spending the night at home before my interview the next morning, so hopefully no jet lag. Also, I'm not sure whether to be open to other positions or not. I really want only Attractions because I'm studying engineering and love learning about the operations of theme park rides and efficiency/optimization stuff, all while interacting with guests and such. I would appreciate any kind of advice from you guys, thanks!
    Casting is almost done filling all their open positions.

My advice would be to be open about other positions. It can be a turn off to a recruiter if you aren't open to any other positions.

Global

Okay, thanks! What other positions would you recommend?

If you get hired on the spot, you won't be technically working for a while. They'll schedule you a paperwork appointment which will probably be a couple weeks after your hire date. And after that, they'll schedule two (possibly three) classes you need to take at "disney university" before you start any on the job training. once I got hired, it took about a month for me to even start the classes they schedule you. I hope this makes sense...and it could be different for everyone, but this is just my personal experience. (this was in february/march)

since you already have an interview, I recommend you be open to other positions. however, if you feel attractions is what you want to do, then go for it! (as an attractions cm, I can tell you I absolutely LOVE what I do) the recruiter will talk to you about other possibilities, including what you put as your second and third choices, especially if they don't have many openings in attractions (but I feel like with summer coming up, you'll have a good shot at it.)

in regards to the interview, just be yourself, and I cannot stress this enough! they want to hire people who are enthusiastic, easy-going, and of course, have a love for disney! be prepared to answer the questions you probably think you're going to have to answer. (ex: why do you want to work for disney? how would you make a boring situation, fun?) both of these questions I was asked, and I'm sure each interview is different but you get where i'm going with this. just be yourself and you'll do just fine! I hope this helps!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the help, really! I thought I'd update on what happened. So I had my interview on Wednesday, and I think I got waitlisted. The lady interviewing me only put me down for attractions because I said I was willing to do anything but only specifically mentioned attractions in my choices and when I was talking lol. I'm applying for seasonal so she said that I should wait for a call back sometime this summer and if not most likely next Winter Break. The one big thing I'm kicking myself about is that she asked me if I am comfortable with swimming. Now the thing is I would be fine with swimming but I wouldn't consider myself the best swimmer, just thinking of things I did in Boy Scouts, so I said I would prefer not to. She then assigned me to one land, apparently the one land without any water (Hollywood Pictures Backlot). I was too in the moment to realize that Bug's Land and Cars Land and I'm sure others don't have any attractions involving water so I never got the chance to ask about those. I'm so dumb for saying that, since I'm sure Disneyland waters aren't the hardest things to swim in if something goes wrong somehow.I tried to clarify after that I really was fine with swimming but I guess my first answer tells all. So yeah apparently I'm waiting specifically for an opening in HPB at DCA. Is it normal for them to assign people to a specific land? And for people to transfer after 6 months to a land with water? I just hope I didn't ruin my chances.