• Minion

Attention waitlisted people

Are you waitlisted????

I called disneyland and asked why I am still waitlisted. They said "if u have a lot of work experience and/or u did very good on your interview then you get put on the top of the waitlist. But if you have little work experience and/or u did ok on your interview then you put at the bottom of the waitlist. Everyone varies and will get offered a job at a different times."
    So basically they waitlist people by quality of the person rather than the order when you applied.

I also asked for a timeframe they said "most of the jobs for this summer has been already filled"

Well I don't have a lot of work experience but my application expires in September.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING :-)

Re: Attention waitlisted people

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    Are you waitlisted????

I called disneyland and asked why I am still waitlisted. They said "if u have a lot of work experience and/or u did very good on your interview then you get put on the top of the waitlist. But if you have little work experience and/or u did ok on your interview then you put at the bottom of the waitlist. Everyone varies and will get offered a job at a different times."
    So basically they waitlist people by quality of the person rather than the order when you applied.

I also asked for a timeframe they said "most of the jobs for this summer has been already filled"

Well I don't have a lot of work experience but my application expires in September.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING :-)
    This isn't entirely accurate.

The people that are wait listed are DEFINITELY ranked but it is truly all about the in person interview.

I won't reveal what they call the rankings but it basically breaks down to either Great, Very Good, and Good Enough.

If you have a GREAT interview and you get wait listed, you are at the top of the wait list and have an excellent shot at a job offer in the near future.

If you have a VERY GOOD interview and you are wait listed, you are right behind the GREAT people and you also have an excellent shot at getting a job offer but it will be after all of the GREAT people - even if they interviewed after you.

If you had a GOOD ENOUGH interview and you are wait listed, you basically didn't give the Interviewer a reason to decline you. You really don't have a good shot to get a job offer because all of the GREAT and VERY GOOD people will continue to jump over you on the wait list.

The tough part about all of this is that the interviewer will not tell you what your ranking is. All they have to tell you if you had a successful interview (which getting on the wait list is) or if they weren't successful.

Good luck!

Global

• Minion

^^^^^ oh ok thanks :-)
    everyone at the 1800 Disney Jobs hotline is giving me wrong and different answers.

one said "the waitlist goes by the order applicants applied by" which is obviously false.
    the other one said "the waitlist is by past work experience and interview quality."

your answer seems to be just right! :-) Other companies do the same as you stated. I assume I will be waitlisted till I expire in Sept. But that gives me a chance to re-apply. obviously I can't work this summer since all positions are filled.
    but at least I got this far. some people do not even get offered a web based interview. So I know what to expect next time I re-apply. hopefully I will do GREAT next times. :-)

DOH! I was put on the waitlist a few days ago after my interview. Well the interviewer did tell me twice that I did a Good Job. I wonder where that places me on this waitlist. Hoping for the best!

• Minion

well, it looks like they wont hire me at all. I went to Disneyland and asked around and they said they are done hiring for the summer season. tho a lot of people quit n get fired but it's rare if they hire mid summer. the don't even hire after summer.

my waitlist ends in Sept. so by then I have to re-apply.

Well that sucks.... I WANNA WORK HERE ALREADY

• Zephyr Pilot

I applied summer 2008 and was put on the waitlist. I got a call in August to start in late September 2008. They probably ran out of great and good people and BOOM. Hired.