How long do you stay on the waitlist?

Hi everyone,

So I applied for an Attractions Seasonal position on April 4, had my Interview May 3 (which went pretty well, to say the least), and just got an email asking if I'm still interested and to join the waitlist today (June 17). Considering it's seasonal, I assume most summer positions are filled, plus I am now taking summer classes and probably won't have the time to do it if I get called in this summer. Is it possible that I could stay on the waitlist long enough to get to Winter break? Or is my application only valid up to 6 months after April 4? Also, does Disney normally take people in like that for Winter Break for just like a month, with maybe a week of that being training?

Re: How long do you stay on the waitlist?

For your first question the answer is 6 months. After 6 months of being on the waitlist you have to re-apply and go through the interview process again, which sucks! But if you reapply at least you'll look dedicated and persistent.

Disney does hire people before the holiday season, which for Disney begins in mid November. So there is a chance you may be considered for employment during that time of the year. Also, a lot of people leave after summer due to a lack of hours, so you may even have a chance of getting hired on earlier. I'm not sure how a seasonal position at DL works, but most Cast Members get hired in the start of the year, late spring or early summer and then again around fall.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Llegoz View Post
    For your first question the answer is 6 months. After 6 months of being on the waitlist you have to re-apply and go through the interview process again, which sucks! But if you reapply at least you'll look dedicated and persistent.

Disney does hire people before the holiday season, which for Disney begins in mid November. So there is a chance you may be considered for employment during that time of the year. Also, a lot of people leave after summer due to a lack of hours, so you may even have a chance of getting hired on earlier. I'm not sure how a seasonal position at DL works, but most Cast Members get hired in the start of the year, late spring or early summer and then again around fall.

Good Luck!
    Thanks! I'm actually now just worried that I'll get hired for the summer, since I am now occupied with school not in SoCal. If I do get an offer then is there any way that I can hold it off until Winter Break, or that maybe in the 2 weeks I have after summer school that I can get training to work for Winter Break? I can't imagine they would accomodate that much would they? lol

I'm not sure if you will be able to wait until winter break, you'll have to ask them. I'm not 100% sure but I believe you must do training immediately before you start your job. So it's unlikely you'll be able to train in summer and wait until winter to work. But like I said I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Just tell them about your situation and they may try to work with you.