• Disneylander

I am applying again in 2 weeks

My waitlist status is set to expire on July 15th. From talking to a few people it seems my main problem appears to be that I applied for positions that have a low turnover rate. I applied for custodial under the, apparently mistaken, assumption that cleaning bathrooms is not for everyone lol. Mainly though, I liked the idea of keeping Walts park clean and being able to move around and help people. At this point I just want to get in. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what Disneylands needs are generally? Some have suggested food service and attractions. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Re: I am applying again in 2 weeks

A lot of people seem to stick with custodial. I've never understood why so many people stay in that department for years and years.

I'm not in HR so I cant say for sure, but in my experience stores and foods always seems to be hiring. They seem to have a high turnover rate and hire on a consistent basis. That being said, they aren't the most fun jobs and from what I've heard, foods sucks a big one. But if you just want to get in with the company, go for it. Attractions seems to have new CM's as well, but not as many as foods or stores.

Good luck!

• Disneylander

Thank you. That's what I've been thinking. I'm currently working concessions at Angel Stadium so I'm kind of familiar with food service. Not a big deal at this point. I just need to get my foot in the door. I'm convinced they will be overwhelmed by my awesomeness and I'll be running the place in no time lol. Plus, after awhile maybe I can transfer to a different position once said awesomeness is a known quantity.