Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14

    Have an upcoming interview at the Disneyland resort.

    This will make my 4th time or so re-applying, since being let go back in 2008. I was let go due to bad attendance, and bad performance I believe. Since then I've worked 3 jobs. I worked at Target for a year, Kohl's for another year, and fast food for like 4 months. So really since then my experience didn't improve or look good so I doubt I will have much to show for this interview at Disneyland.

    What can I do to improve my chances? The last few times I went in for an interview I didn't get the job because the interviewer told me I didn't look happy, or energetic. I had a bad record so I had to not only did I have to impress them like any interviewee, but I had to go above and beyond to land the job due to my record. So my question is how can I do that? I don't smile much, not because I don't like to, but because I don't like my smile because of my teeth. I'm not very talkative as I believe I suffer from social anxiety. But I am a hard worker I can tell you that much. I do great specially when given an individual task such as dish washing, or busboy. I am fully committed, and I want the interviewer to know this!

    Also, like I said, I've worked with people for a good amount of time, but that question still gets to me..."Describe a time you delivered great customer service" I really don't believe I've delivered such service that deserves attention. Please help.

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    115

    Re: Have an upcoming interview at the Disneyland resort.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocmdiaz714 View Post
    This will make my 4th time or so re-applying, since being let go back in 2008. I was let go due to bad attendance, and bad performance I believe. Since then I've worked 3 jobs. I worked at Target for a year, Kohl's for another year, and fast food for like 4 months. So really since then my experience didn't improve or look good so I doubt I will have much to show for this interview at Disneyland.

    What can I do to improve my chances? The last few times I went in for an interview I didn't get the job because the interviewer told me I didn't look happy, or energetic. I had a bad record so I had to not only did I have to impress them like any interviewee, but I had to go above and beyond to land the job due to my record. So my question is how can I do that? I don't smile much, not because I don't like to, but because I don't like my smile because of my teeth. I'm not very talkative as I believe I suffer from social anxiety. But I am a hard worker I can tell you that much. I do great specially when given an individual task such as dish washing, or busboy. I am fully committed, and I want the interviewer to know this!

    Also, like I said, I've worked with people for a good amount of time, but that question still gets to me..."Describe a time you delivered great customer service" I really don't believe I've delivered such service that deserves attention. Please help.
    Haven't had this conversation before? So let's take a look at what you've shared with us:

    1. You were fired from DLR five years ago because you couldn't abide by a very lenient attendance policy.
    2. You don't like to smile.
    3. You believe that you may have some sort of social anxiety disorder.
    4. You don't believe you've ever delivered excellent service in any of your previous jobs.

    You say you are a hard worker but your record card probably says something else.

    You have an uphill battle and I don't see a way for you to get past it. But here is what you need to do to have a shot:

    1. Overdress for your interview. Be the only person in the Casting lobby in a suit.
    2. Smile like a mental patient at EVERYONE working in Casting.
    3. Be there 30 minutes early.
    4. When your interview begins, own your previous poor performance. Ask the Recruiter to go over your record card with you and get an understanding of what is on it. Once you know what is on it, OWN everything on it. Tell the recruiter that everything is true but you've gained an understanding of what it means to be responsible and now know what you need to do to be successful at work.
    5. You have been through this process multiple times. The questions don't change. You better have the right answers.
    6. After the interview is over, ASK FOR SPECIFIC FEEDBACK. Make the recruiter tell you why you aren't getting the job.

    Global

  3. #3

    • WDW CP Spring 2013
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    502

    Re: Have an upcoming interview at the Disneyland resort.

    I don't have an answer for you but may I ask what you when and what role you applied for? I applied for the recent QSFB position they put up on July 31st. I've worked at WDW in a QSFB role with no points on my record card, and have worked other fast food jobs, so I'm hoping to hear back soon.

    I applied on the first day the application went online, so I'm interested in hearing from others that applied for that role.

  4. #4

    • New Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14

    Re: Have an upcoming interview at the Disneyland resort.

    I know this may sound a bit silly, but can anybody help me out, and perhaps do a mock interview with me? I am really looking forward into being considered for the job, and want to do a great impression!

  5. #5

    • New Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14

    Re: Have an upcoming interview at the Disneyland resort.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_James View Post
    I don't have an answer for you but may I ask what you when and what role you applied for? I applied for the recent QSFB position they put up on July 31st. I've worked at WDW in a QSFB role with no points on my record card, and have worked other fast food jobs, so I'm hoping to hear back soon.

    I applied on the first day the application went online, so I'm interested in hearing from others that applied for that role.
    I applied for QSFB as well. Have you had your interview yet, or have you set up an appointment?

  6. #6

    • WDW CP Spring 2013
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    502

    Re: Have an upcoming interview at the Disneyland resort.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocmdiaz714 View Post
    I applied for QSFB as well. Have you had your interview yet, or have you set up an appointment?
    Oh wow I guess that means they've already looked over my application and I'm no longer in consideration then :'-( I have not received any correspondence since the thank you for applying email, no invitation to take the web based interview or anything. A bit disappointed since I've worked a few fast food jobs and I am a former cast member, but I guess I'll try again when my application expires in five months.

    Thanks for answering. I hope you get the job

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Have an upcoming interview at the Disneyland resort.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocmdiaz714 View Post
    I know this may sound a bit silly, but can anybody help me out, and perhaps do a mock interview with me? I am really looking forward into being considered for the job, and want to do a great impression!
    i can help you!!!. in fact in a new cm... well, my traditions start in sept 28

  8. #8

    • New Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14

    Re: Have an upcoming interview at the Disneyland resort.

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    i can help you!!!. in fact in a new cm... well, my traditions start in sept 28
    Awesome! Ok I'll throw in some example questions from what I remember from my last interview, and you can ask me whatever you remember from your interview.

    I'll try to answer fast off the top of my head to simulate what my answer would be in the situation.

    Now tell me why you would want to work here?
    I've worked here before, and to start off I would like to say that I totally love the atmosphere. I would love being around happy families all day long. I would love to be a help to our guests, and I would love to be a part of the Disneyland team more than all, and contribute to delivering fun and happy memories for our guests. And I believe I am a well-suited candidate for the position (QSFB).

    Why did you leave your previous jobs?
    Well, I enjoyed working retail for Target, but ultimately I decided to leave and pursue self employment. I took time to work full-time for my own. I am technically inclined and I worked basic troubleshooting more than anything and some graphic design here and there for my family's business. I was then hired at Kohl's, where I worked as a cashier, and although I enjoyed my stay there I left as I felt there was no opportunity for advancement. And at the moment I am again working for my own, and attending night school to improve my graphic talent.

    Do you prefer to work outdoors, indoors, or any?
    I actually do not have a preference. I would very much enjoy working either or.

    Do you prefer to work in a team or alone?
    I have no problem working in teams, but I feel I have more control when I work independently. I feel secure, and comfortable working independently, as I am aware of my responsibilities and tasks, and I feel working on my own would give me the confidence to try and stand out by working at a comfortable high paced level.

    Name a time where you provided excellent customer service or received it.
    (This one always gets me.)
    I wouldn't want to single out a specific time, as I strive to deliver great customer service every time I get the chance. If working cashier, I am sure to greet to acknowledge the customer, greet them, when checking out I let them know of any offers or deals I can offer, and I am sure to try and deliver the service I would want to receive.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Have an upcoming interview at the Disneyland resort.

    Ok I just send u 2 different private messages. hopes it helps. also it's what you say and how you say it!!!!!

  10. #10

    • WDW CP Spring 2013
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    502

    Re: Have an upcoming interview at the Disneyland resort.

    Any updates? How did it go?

Similar Threads

  1. Night Shots at the Disneyland Resort
    By disneytim in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 12:26 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:33 PM
  3. HOLIDAY CHEER AT THE DISNEYLAND RESORT- disneylandnews.com - 10/11/05
    By dramaqueen in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 11:13 AM
  4. Honda to Give Away a Civic-A-Day at the Disneyland Resort
    By mickeyslittlehelper in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 03:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •