• WDW CP Spring 2013

Questions about Disneyland Application

Hello,

I'm getting rather anxious, so I thought I might ask a few of you guys for your insight. I'm moving down to the Orange County area this fall as a transfer student to the University of California, Irvine. I would love to work part-time at the Disneyland Resort while down there, and have been watching disneyland.jobs like a hawk over the summer. I was ecstatic when they finally put up a listing for a Quick-Service Food & Beverage opening, as I figured I would be a good candidate, since I did a QSFB role for my Spring 2013 WDW College Program with no points on my record, and I have worked a few fast food jobs. Needless to say, it's been a month since I submitted my application and I've yet to receive any correspondence. My hope dwindles every day that I am still considered as I hear about people on Twitter/Tumblr/forums who have interviewed/accepted job offers for this role.

A few notes about my application: my availability is somewhat restricted; I go to school Monday to Thursday in the morning, but apart from that i'm free. I know your availability plays a big role (which goes for all jobs), but then again I know a few people with a similar schedule and got hired recently. I also think the date I put I could start was a deterrent. I put 9/21 as the first day I could start since I move down to Irvine on the 20th. Keep in mind that I submitted my application on the 31st of July, which meant I couldn't work for another two months. Do they only interview applicants who ready to start in the very near future?

Anyway, what do you guys think? I hope I don't come off as complaining, it's just I've had this plan for awhile and want to work for the Mouse again. Also, does the fact that I've worked for the company in the last few months relevant? Like, does a certain amount of time have to pass before I can work for Disney again?

Thanks!

edit: Perhaps I'm just a little paranoid now, but I just checked my missed calls and I received a call from Anaheim area code 714 on August 1st, one day after I submitted my application. At first I thought nothing of it since I assumed they would e-mail me not call but now, I just don't know.

edit 2: I had my interview two days ago and was offered an Attractions position! Thank you everyone for your help!
    Last edited by Indiana_James; 09-25-2013 at 01:00 PM.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Re: Questions about Disneyland Application

Update:

So I just received an email from the Disneyland Resort thanking me for my application. I won't post the entire email but the main thing was this:

"Thank you for your recent employment application with the Disneyland Resort. If employment opportunities match your interest and qualifications, we will contact you."

Is this the casting center's way of a rejection?

I'm assuming they filled all the positions that I applied for I guess :/

You need to be patient with Casting. Sometimes applicants wait months to get a call, and some apply and are hired within just a couple weeks. There seems to be no consistency. It all depends on their needs.

Your previous experience in the WDW CP should be a big help, however. I've heard of former CP applicants moving through the rehire process rather quickly at times. But again, the needs of the resort will probably play a bigger role in how soon you get a response.

Regarding availability, as a general rule, cast members' school schedules usually line up with the parks' peak and slow periods. There will be times, however, when you will run into scheduling conflicts. It happens to just about every cast member who is in school. From what I understand, schedulers will try to accommodate your class schedule, but nothing is ever guaranteed. When this happens, it will be your responsibility to find someone to take your shift.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
    You need to be patient with Casting. Sometimes applicants wait months to get a call, and some apply and are hired within just a couple weeks. There seems to be no consistency. It all depends on their needs.

Your previous experience in the WDW CP should be a big help, however. I've heard of former CP applicants moving through the rehire process rather quickly at times. But again, the needs of the resort will probably play a bigger role in how soon you get a response.

Regarding availability, as a general rule, cast members' school schedules usually line up with the parks' peak and slow periods. There will be times, however, when you will run into scheduling conflicts. It happens to just about every cast member who is in school. From what I understand, schedulers will try to accommodate your class schedule, but nothing is ever guaranteed. When this happens, it will be your responsibility to find someone to take your shift.

Thanks for your reply!

That does seem to be the case with the rehiring process being different, because I know three spring wdw CPs who applied after me, and have already accepted jobs offers. I will remain hopeful for now!

• They call me the Mayor...

Quote Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
    There seems to be no consistency.
    This is a disease that plagues the entire resort
    Pour still another glass,
    In Pinacoladaberg.
    Coconut milk with a pineapple splash.
    Donít forget that the Rum comes third!

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Welp. I've come to the realization that my school schedule just does not align with the resort's interest and have accepted that I will not get a reply, at least not for now. I did tried to pick classes that left my schedule as open as possible but I guess it wasn't good enough.

Anyway, I will definitely try to have a more open schedule next quarter, but now I am wondering if it is okay to contact casting with an availability change when the time comes, as I do not want to wait until my application expires.

You need to be patient. I have also applied for the same position on August 2nd. While I was at Disneyland, I spoke to several CM who stated that it was almost six months before they received a response. From what other CM have stated, the next step is an online test (personality test). I hope this information helps!

• WDW CP Spring 2013

I have actually been meaning to update this thread but there have been recent developments, and I am now a new CR Attractions CM at DCA! They sent me the web-based interview about a week and a half ago, and I had my casting appointment this past Monday. The interview was pretty relax although I was a bit nervous. He asked me a lot of questions I expected, and offered me an Attractions position!

Thanks to everyone for any information!

Hopefully, this means that I will get to the next step soon!

• WDW CP Spring 2013

A little update: I had my onboarding appointment last Thursday which was similar to onboarding at WDW. We filled out a lot of paperwork, they conducted a background check on, took my ID photo, and the like. I have Traditions this upcoming Friday, which I am very excited about!

One final question: Can anyone give me any information about the Cash Management position? I plan to stay in Attractions for the next year or so, but I really have my sights set on transferring into the Cash Management role. As I stated, I am currently a third year student at UCI, majoring in Business Administration with an emphasis on finance/accounting. This role seems like an excellent resume booster, especially as someone who wants to apply for a PI in finance following graduation. From what I've gathered, it seems this is a fairly difficult position to get, as it is the highest paid hourly role on the resort, no? I know it's a bit early considering I just got hired into Attractions, but it's good to think about the future.

Thanks!

hi Indiana_james!!!! I applied for costume and cosmetology and I didn't even get the email from Disney, but congrats on making it into attractions!!!!!