DL Job Questions..

Hi! I'm new to the forums.. long time lurker but first time poster.

I've wanted to work for Disney for a long time, but have also wanted to be an educator. I'll be graduating from Chapman in Dec. with my MA in Teaching, and I have a single subject credential for social studies. I'm a substitute teacher and a tutor, and I'm getting married in February and we really need better income right now! I only make about $60/week tutoring, which doesn't even cover my monthly car payment... and I haven't gotten a sub call for this school year yet. So, long story short - this morning I applied to be a PT Child Activity Leader at DLR.

As I said, I'm a sub, tutor, and this past summer I was a camp counselor. Before that, I spent five summers as a tennis instructor and I have worked as an admin asst and done other clerical work. I'm wondering what the probability is of me getting an interview for this position? My resume is pretty good with no gaps in employment. In addition, I have a lot of experience working with kids as both a teacher and rec leader.

I interviewed right after I graduated with my BA for an ODV position, but by the time I was offered a job at the resort, I was already hired in an office elsewhere making double what I would've been paid with Disney. I'm kind of kicking myself now for not taking that opportunity..

Anyways, anybody have experience in childcare positions with DLR?... I would love to hear feedback and advice!

CJ

Re: DL Job Questions..

You made the right choice. I hear the turnover rate in ODV is high. Same thing in Foods. CMs either quit or end up transferring. Guest Relations and Attractions take in a good majority of these CMs. All the best on getting the position.