Smile Question about rehire at DLR

Hi everyone, Question for past and present CM's...

I completed the CP at DLR in 2012 and would like to return to the resort. I have been looking for months on disneycareers.com and nothing has been available that suits me. However, I recently heard about rehire and was hoping someone might be able to help me out.

I left DL with a few points for sick days, but absolutely no demerits or writtens, so I should not have a "no rehire" status. Most posts I have seen are asking about returning to DL with "restricted rehire" or "no rehire" status. Is there a way to check my rehire status? My record is clean and it's been over a year so the sick points are gone too.

Should I call casting for more information or try to contact my former managers?

Thanks in advance!

• Multi-decade CM

Re: Question about rehire at DLR

Quote Originally Posted by principessa13 View Post
    I left DL with a few points for sick days, but absolutely no demerits or writtens, so I should not have a "no rehire" status. Most posts I have seen are asking about returning to DL with "restricted rehire" or "no rehire" status. Is there a way to check my rehire status? My record is clean and it's been over a year so the sick points are gone too. Should I call casting for more information or try to contact my former managers?
    Doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. Just start your application process on the computer, and it will tell you whether or not you have Rehire status. As long as you weren't terminated, you're generally golden. Lighthope Pearls of Wisdom - The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    Doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. Just start your application process on the computer, and it will tell you whether or not you have Rehire status. As long as you weren't terminated, you're generally golden. Lighthope Pearls of Wisdom - The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Thank you! Is the application process through disneycareers.com, or can I access it somewhere else? I applied for a position in April with the resort (just a regular app), but things got messed up with my resume submission and by the time it was fixed the position was filled so I had to wait out the six months. I don't remember the app saying anything about rehire status, except asking if I have worked for the resort before.

Sorry if that's a silly question, I'm just learning about the rehire process!

I was term'd awhile ago. didn't pass probation, not because of anything serious, (nothing harassment, or a guest incident or even attendance/presentism); the particular department just wasn't the right for for me; they tried a recast, but nothing was open at the time. I called and they said I was still eligible for rehire. My question is: is it hard to get rehired? Will they automatically turn down my application even if it wasn't becuase of anything serious?