Rehired In Different Department

What is the possibility of being rehired but in a different department @ Disneyland? Thanks..

• Feel the breeze!

Re: Rehired In Different Department

Are you currently a CM?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but, if you terminate from Disneyland with a rehire on your record they cannot rehire you for 6 months. I am sure they can make exceptions, but I know I was not one of them.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Depends on how you were terminated. Usually they'll give you the option of hiring back into your old department, unless there's nasty things left about you on your permanent record. The two times I've rehired back in, I went to different departments but they did give me the option of going back to my old one.

If you have no-rehire status or if you were separated from the Company, then it's a six month wait for you anyways.

If you left on good terms voluntarily (ie you quit with at least two weeks notice) and with rehire status, then you can rehire back within days. You have one month to rehire if you want your old years of service back... you also get your seniority date bridged and your former rate of pay if you hire back into the same department but not to a new one.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 02-03-2006 at 06:41 PM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    Are you currently a CM?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but, if you terminate from Disneyland with a rehire on your record they cannot rehire you for 6 months. I am sure they can make exceptions, but I know I was not one of them.
    I am a former CM who worked one summer when I was off from teaching. Thinking of going back but wanted to do something different. Didn't do it for the money or shall I say change, but just to get a taste of the magic. That's all.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i'm a teacher, too. thinking of applying to DL to work during my breaks. what did you do at DL?
    <o>

• CM for 4 years!

As far as I know, if you left in good standing, you can rehire after three months. But usually they ask you to go into the same department, even if it's a different location. Maybe if you're insistent?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    i'm a teacher, too. thinking of applying to DL to work during my breaks. what did you do at DL?
    Fellow teacher! I worked in Outdoor Vending which is known as the black sheep of the park. I didn't think so but it was a lot of fun.
    Advantages of ODV: Everyday is different.
    Meeting different people from all over the world.
    Being outdoors was cool.
    Fellow castmembers were very cool.
    Leads/Managers were also very nice.
    Disadvantages of ODV:
    Getting extended almost 99% of the time
    *Once got extended until 3am-orig. time 11pm
    Wearing that god ugly costume!
    Change over's are a pain.
    Having your funds off and recounting them!
    As a CT they wanted me to work:
    *Christmas eve/day
    *New Year's eve
    Overall experience was great! Knowing it wasn't my full time profession probably helped. I lived in Santa Monica so the drive was long. (34 miles one way) Gas was also expensive. Ended up getting a new ride 1/2 way through the summer for better gas mileage. Not sure if they hire CT anymore though. Good luck!

• CM for 4 years!

ODV is like the department that seems to care the least... their costumes are usually untucked... I always see them with their phones out on-stage... and they tend to e brusque with guests and slow at their job. But that's just my impression.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    ODV is like the department that seems to care the least... their costumes are usually untucked... I always see them with their phones out on-stage... and they tend to e brusque with guests and slow at their job. But that's just my impression.
    Age has a lot to do with it... you don't see that many older or mature folk in ODV. Also, ODV is like the party department. There's always some big boozefest going.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

The turnover ratio of people in ODV is terrible. I've only seen maybe less than 3 people I worked with during that summer. Being a vendor I found out was the bottomless pit of the chain of command. You have managers,leads, tuggers, and others, then on the very bottom of the food chain are the Vendors. Mostly kids working to pay the bills/school. Funny thing they said was, "Don't work so long where you get the "B" discount because then you're a lifer.

I was in ODV, and it ruled!!! thats all I can say. what happened in ODV.........